david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Knock, Knock—Who’s There? Trick or Treat!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

If you’re anything like me and hate all things spooky, I have good news for you. October 31st is National Knock-Knock Joke Day! Instead of walking around in a scary costume, you can walk around telling jokes! Please whatever you do though, do not partake in this holiday dressed as a clown. Here are 11 of my favorite knock-knock jokes to help you celebrate the special day.

This joke comes as a special thanks to my roommate’s boyfriend. His mom cracks up at the joke every time it comes up, and now I do too. If it takes you a second to figure it out, don’t feel bad. Say it aloud a couple times—slowly—and before you know it, you’ll be cracking up too.   

1.  Knock, knock.

Who’s there?

I mop.

I mop who?

Just in case the first one wasn’t clear enough…

2.  Knock knock.

Who’s there?

Europe.

Europe who?

No, you’re a poo.

If you are a big fan of the spooky season, you can celebrate both holidays in one!

3.  Knock knock.

Who’s there?

Howie.

Howie who?

Howie gonna hide this dead body?

This bad boy is really just a good ol’ classic. 

4.  Knock knock.

Who’s there?

Etch.

Etch who?

Bless you.

As an English Teaching major, this joke has my whole heart (and for those of you who hate grammar, this one can pass as a spooky Halloween joke as well).

5.  Knock knock.

Who’s there?

To.

To who?

To whom.

Everyone loves a good narcissistic joke here and there.

6.  Knock knock.

Who’s there?    

Ya.    

Ya who?    

Yahoo! I’m just as psyched to see you!

Another Halloween joke for any hallo-WEENIES out there!

7.  Knock knock.    

Who’s there?    

Boo.    

Boo who?    

No need to cry, it’s only a joke.

If only National Knock Knock Joke Day was on Valentine’s day…

8.  Knock knock.    

Who’s there?    

Olive.    

Olive who?    

Olive you. Do you love me too?

This is such a mom joke. I love it.

9.  Knock knock.    

Who’s there?    

Says.    

Says who?    

Says me, that’s who.

There’s nothing worse than a bad joke that doesn’t even have the proper punchline, so telling this one and making everyone uncomfortable because the joke is just all wrong always cracks me up.     

10.  Knock knock.    

Who’s there?    

The doors open!

Okay, okay, okay, I’ll finally stop with the bad jokes! Just make sure to celebrate this National Knock Knock Joke Day!    

11.  Knock knock.    

Who’s there?    

Police.    

Police who?    

Police stop telling these awful knock-knock jokes!

No matter how stupid knock knock jokes are, they have a special place in my heart forever and always. I don’t have a costume for Halloween yet, but you can bet your bottom I have all my favorite knock-knock jokes memorized and ready to tell.  

I love adventures in my canoe, reading, painting, running and exploring! 
| 2018-20 Club President/Campus Correspondent | Hailey Seipel is a senior at Winona State University who is studying Applied & Professional Writing and Journalism. She has been passionate about writing ever since she was little, and a dream of hers is to author poetry, sci-fi and romance novels. Until then, she is interested in working as a creative/blog writer, technical editor or project coordinator after graduating. In her free time, Hailey enjoys listening to music and reading leisurely.