How to Kickstart Your Spring Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

1.   Join a new club or intramural sports team.

·  One of the best ways to get the most out of your college career is to get involved. Joining a new club or intramural team can help you meet new friends, but it also looks great to future employers that you were involved in different things throughout college.  

2.   Hit the gym.

·  We all know that college can be a lot to handle at times. It has been said that one of the best ways to relieve some stress is to work out. Start the semester off on the right foot and start working out. Push yourself to be the best version of you and don’t get discouraged. I know it can be stressful going to the gym and seeing people that look like they mean business but remember that everyone started somewhere!

3.   Stay on top of your school work.

·  The first few weeks of the semester are always a busy time for everyone. Between The Bachelor on Monday nights or “Tav Tuesday,” we always seem to make excuses to push aside school work for a later time. I’m not saying to not go out and be social; all I am saying is to use your time wisely. It’s easy to fall behind, so make this semester different. Start things off on the right foot by saying, “I’m going to use this time in between classes to read chapter 3 and take notes. That way I can still have time to go out this weekend!”

4.   Organize or redecorate your living space.

·  Sometimes a good change is necessary. Take some time to redecorate. Whether you’re living in the dorms or have a house off campus, it doesn’t make a difference! Organize your closet, pick up that bowl of ramen you left on your dresser 2 months ago, hang up some lights to add some new fung shui to your place. Sometimes just simply moving your bed to a different wall can open up a room and make you feel more at “home.”

5.   Reconnect with your pals.

·  Although it is a new semester, your true friends are probably right where you left them. Catch up with your friends and see what exciting or totally not exciting things they did over winter break. Host a cocktail party or go checkout a new movie for $5 on Tuesdays at Winona 7. Being back to school is great but it can definitely be a hard adjustment. So, don’t forget to hang with your pals to help you get back in the swing of things.

Hello Pals! My name is Clare O'Neill and I am from south eastern Wisconsin. I am a Marketing major with a minor in Business Management. Back in the states I study at Winona State University, but currently I am studying abroad in France! If I had to describe myself in a few buzzwords they would be: compassionate friend, natural leader, and constant learner. I adore my friends and family and of course, The Chicago Blackhawks.
This is Gabriella Ingebrand: Junior at Winona State University majoring in Advertisement. She is a master when it comes to wasting time on Pinterest and making a mess while baking in the kitchen. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Winona, President of Dream Closet Winona, Communication Specialist for AdFed, and Social Media Chair for her sorority. All in all, Gabriella is a free spirit always trying to have a good time.