Her Campus Seniors: Our Favorite College Memories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

There is only a couple weeks left of school and I am sure that is starting to finally sink in to all of us who will be graduating this spring. These past four years have flown by and have been some of the most memorable years of our lives so far. With the future looking bright, our Her Campus seniors have relfected on some of their memories during the years they have spent here in Winona.

Hanna Leadstrom

Hanna’s favorite memory from college is all the wonderful humans she has met along the way! Winona State truly has some genuine people walking this campus and I couldn’t be more happy to have met my closest friends here!

Adam Bartusek

I don’t think it’s about a single memory I have made here at Winona State. Honestly, I know this sounds cheesy, I think my favorite part about my experience this last 4 years has been the multitude of amazing people I have met all over the country because of opportunities this university gave me. There’s no way I’d be the person I am today if I didn’t come to Winona, and I’m so thankful for all the great people I have in my life now because of it.

Emma Sperr

I can’t think of one favorite memory, however a majority of them include the wonderful people that I met here. The AMA bags tournaments, trips to Lakeview for ice cream & Saturday’s spent with friends enjoying beautiful fall and spring MN weather are a few of my top favorites!

Nola Johnson

The number one thing I will be taking from college is the friendships I’ve made. Winona would not have been the same without the friends that I have gained here. My favorite memory of WSU will forever be the river trips we take in the beginning of the years! Every year a massive group decides to take on Dodge River, 20 minutes into Wisconsin. Its a day to relax, get back together with friends, get a little crazy, cliff jumping, and take a 7 hour journey down a random river! Memories like those are making me more and more upset about leaving Winona, but make me even happier knowing these friendships will lead us down a new and more exciting river!

Hannah Ingebrand

One of my favorite memories in Winona is getting the chance to go to college with my younger sister Gabby for the past two years! I will miss our weekly dinners, running into her on campus, and attending Her Campus meetings with her! I love that I have had the opportunity to get to know Gabby as more than just my sister but also as a best friend!

Nicole Knutson

My favorite memory of college was summer 2015. The best thing was when my roommate, Tori Norris, wanted to spend her 21st birthday in an unconventional way. We went camping in Wisconsin at Devil’s Lake State Park and it was probably the most fun, spontaneous thing I have ever done. The large group of us put our tents up in the rain, we wore ridiculous rain ponchos all night, and never really cooked like we thought we would. It was rough, but so much fun. The next day, we hiked up hundreds of feet to see Devil’s Doorway then back down hundreds of feet. I did all this in flip-flops. I would never recommend this method to anyone, it was a difficult hike to say the least. Once we got to the top, the views were truly breath taking and made it all worth it.

Katelyn Murray

I have had so many amazing memories while being here at Winona State! I think my top memories are the times I spent with friends either down by the lake or just at someone’s house, having bonfires, going to MN Wild games, climbing Sugar Loaf in the middle of winter, going for drives around Winona with my sister, WSU homecoming, Co-DJing with my sister at KQAL, going out with the girls downtown or having a ladies wine night in, and just being a part of Winona life. I’m definitely going to miss Winona, but I’ll always remember the good times!

Francesca Allen

My most memorable moment over these past four years at Winona State University occurred during my sophomore year. It was the day that my ‘GCH’ (name of our house) roommates and I had our first dinner date to all meet. We met at Zaza’s for a dinner date one night and instantly clicked. I knew at that first meeting, I would have lifelong friends. We have lived in the same house for two years now and I have developed friendships that could never be forgotten. Ever since that one dinner date we all met, we have had so many memories that will last a lifetime. I could never have asked for a better first meeting and know that I am so lucky to have these people in my life!

Congratulations to all of the seniors graduating this spring. Cheers to the bright future ahead of us all!

HCXO

Meet our writer Courtney D. Jones! Courtney is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Mass Communications- Advertising. She is consistently busy juggling school, working two jobs, and on the recruitment committee for Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, so coffee is a necessity. But not just any coffee, it must be Starbucks Blonde Roast, with a dash of peppermint mocha creamer and a fourth of a packet of sugar. She has a die-hard love for all things beauty and fashion, and dreams of owning everything on her Pinterest boards one day. With her bright and bubbly personality, she loves meeting new people and sharing a good laugh. As a Chicago native, her happy place consists of drinking a cold microbrew with her favorite Giordano’s deep-dish pizza while watching her beloved Bears team.