jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Happy National Love Your Pet Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

I have had quite the variety of pets throughout my life. From hamsters to guinea pigs to ferrets to dogs, I can genuinely say I do not discriminate when it comes to pets. (Even though I am allergic to cats and most dogs, I have learned to love them.)

So, in honor of this wonderful day, I would like to talk about my favorite little furry friend Mya.

Mya is a three-year-old pekingese shih tzu. We adopted her when she was just one.

She is the fluffiest, sweetest dog, but only if you get to know her first. She is very wary of strangers (especially men), so it is hard to have people over at our house. We think she had a rough past in her first home and that is why she gets so scared to meet new people. We have also heard that her breed is very protective of the home, which could factor into it as well.

Trust me, though, when anyone gets to know her they fall in love. She loves to cuddle and give you kisses all over your face.

She is always excited to see me when I come home and spends a lot of time with me.

She likes to spend so much time with me, she even tries to sleep on my head, lol.

The only problem with her is that she has learned to hate phones because they take our attention away from her. This makes it incredibly difficult to get cute pictures with her, because she will not look at the camera.

I can honestly say that my life has greatly improved because she is in it.

A few honorable mentions to all of my other furry friends in my life include—

My Boyfriend’s cat Donner:

My Roommate’s cat Blitzen:

And my boyfriend’s roommate’s girlfriend’s dog Gir:

I am incredibly thankful to have all of these furry friends in my life. Don’t forget to cuddle your own pet(s) a little closer on this very special day!

Lauren Lott

Winona '19

Meet Lauren Lott, she is a writer for Winona State Her Campus. Lauren is an English Literature major with a minor in Public Relations. In her free time, she enjoys reading, working out, hanging out with friends, watching an excessive amount of youtube videos, and drinking coffee.
| 2018-20 Club President/Campus Correspondent | Hailey Seipel is a senior at Winona State University who is studying Applied & Professional Writing and Journalism. She has been passionate about writing ever since she was little, and a dream of hers is to author poetry, sci-fi and romance novels. Until then, she is interested in working as a creative/blog writer, technical editor or project coordinator after graduating. In her free time, Hailey enjoys listening to music and reading leisurely.