Guydance: Men Fall In Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Dear Guydance,

Do men actually fall in love and care about just one other girl? And if the answer is yes, then how can they move on so fast?

-Anonymous.

Dear Anonymous,

Diving right into the heart of the man! I love it. For a short simple answer I have to say yes, believe it or not, men do in fact fall in love and yes they do care about just one girl. Here’s the sneak peak into a man’s heart that hopefully you’re looking for.

What I need you to understand first is this; men are entirely different from women in the way relationships are handled. When men fall in love it is a very deep and passionate love, there is no way around this. Are most men good at showing this? No, they are not, but this does not mean they love you any less.

How can you tell your man is in love with you? I wish there was a sure fire way for me to tell you but sadly there is none other than the annoying “you will know” because quite honestly, you will. The way he looks at you, the jokes he makes, the way he interacts with your family, and the ever important invitation to a guy’s night. Ladies, DO NOT be offended by an invitation to a guys night! This is basically the biggest compliment your boyfriend and his best friends can give you. Yea, you’re one of the bro’s in his friends’ eyes, which is totally clutch, but this also invites you into an area of his personal life that you would never see. Some of the jokes are gross and the topics are questionable but he trusts you there, so accept the invitation with honor.

Now, the second part of your question is one of the largest misconception out there and I’m ecstatic to finally address it. Men don’t GET OVER you fast, ESPECIALLY if they were in love with you. After the break up every single guy will get the, “Dude, let’s go get drunk and find some chicks!” invitation. Does he actually want to do this? Not really. But the bro’s suggested it and what’s wrong with having a few drinks? Normally, these, “get drunk and find chicks” nights go like this. Get to the bar, have a couple drinks, your friends try to snag you some random chicks number, MAYBE dance for a tiny bit, then one of the other friends ends up too drunk and they all go home. Normally a few of these nights will occur and basically the same things happen, the sex with a random stage really doesn’t happen all too often.

Ladies, you need to realize this. After a break up a man also loses something that was incredibly important to his life. The kind of best friend bond you have with a lover isn’t something that can be replaced with the bro’s, just like you can’t replace it with wine nights and dance parties. He just lost someone he could tell everything to. Most guys have around three different friends to go to about different issues, so losing that one person is incredibly hard. More often than not, it takes a man longer to get over you than for you to get over him, he just doesn’t show it because men have a stereotype to uphold. They aren’t allowed to be weak after a breakup but deep down, it really does tear at them. What ultimately will make a guy move on from you, is if you move on from him, and if that doesn’t happen, he’s probably still there. No, this does not mean you can proclaim your love for him and suddenly all is fine but trust me, he does miss that connection.

So here, take a look at some of women’s #1 loves in the Television world and think back to what these studs decided to do after break ups. I love quotes, and I love characters from stories. So here’s some wise words from Chuck Bass and Nathan Scott.

Sincerely,Adam Bartusek

Do you have a question you would like Guydance to answer? Submit your anonymous situation here!

Adam Bartusek is a Senior double majoring in Communication Studies and Recreation Tourism with a Minor in Coaching. On weekends you can either find him on the ice/open water fishing, shooting hoops, golfing, watching sports on TV, or having a few cold ones with some friends. He is a firm believer in quotes and that if you don’t like reading, you just haven’t found the right book yet. As of now he is currently working on finishing a series of four books he hopes to publish! Be sure to check out his Outdoor Media Company Team Yukon Outdoors as well.
Miranda is currently a Winona State University senior studying mass communication with an emphasis in advertising and is also pursing a graphic design degree. In addition to being Winona State’s Campus Correspondent, she is also the president of WSU’s Advertising Federation club. When she’s not busy binge watching One Tree Hill for the umpteenth time, you can find her working on her longboards, which she creates from scratch. She is a Diet Coke addict and indie music enthusiast filled with passion and imagination. She plans to get out of chilly Minnesota to find internship opportunities after graduation.