Guydance: He Wants A “Thing”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Dear Guydance, 

What does it mean when a guy wants a “thing” with you?Especially when they want to go to a movie, ice skating and meet your parents?

-Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,

You’re in luck! This is a great sign and doesn’t even need much of an in depth answer. Basically what you’ve got here is your typical guy who’s thinking, “Man I like this girl but I don’t know how much she likes me so I’m just gonna bring up a thing because it seems easier than asking her to be my girl friend but I totally wanna date her”.

Why doesn’t he just straight up say he wants to date you? I really don’t know but let me take a stab at it. Most likely, he’s intimidated by you. Which isn’t a bad thing! In his eyes you’re probably drop dead gorgeous whom he has loads in common with and he just doesn’t want to screw this up. So definitely take this as a compliment. I know a guy bringing up a “thing” to you can be worrisome but this is 100% NOT something to be worried about. Any man who brings up date plans up followed by meeting your parents is in for the real deal.

So congrats sweetheart! You got this guy! 

Do you have a question that you would like Guydance to answer? Submit your anonymous question or situation here!

Adam Bartusek is a Senior double majoring in Communication Studies and Recreation Tourism with a Minor in Coaching. On weekends you can either find him on the ice/open water fishing, shooting hoops, golfing, watching sports on TV, or having a few cold ones with some friends. He is a firm believer in quotes and that if you don’t like reading, you just haven’t found the right book yet. As of now he is currently working on finishing a series of four books he hopes to publish! Be sure to check out his Outdoor Media Company Team Yukon Outdoors as well.
Miranda is currently a Winona State University senior studying mass communication with an emphasis in advertising and is also pursing a graphic design degree. In addition to being Winona State’s Campus Correspondent, she is also the president of WSU’s Advertising Federation club. When she’s not busy binge watching One Tree Hill for the umpteenth time, you can find her working on her longboards, which she creates from scratch. She is a Diet Coke addict and indie music enthusiast filled with passion and imagination. She plans to get out of chilly Minnesota to find internship opportunities after graduation.