Color My Community 5K: Sigma Tau Gamma

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

The Brothers of Sigma Tau Gamma are hosting their 2nd annual Color My Community event on April 15th.  The team has been working day in and day out on hosting their best Color My Community event yet! The crew managed not only to organize a 5K color run, but the event will also include DJ 4Matik! Along with a live DJ there will be a rock climbing wall and a large inflatable obstacle course all thanks to the Minnesota National Guard!

All participants will also receive a FREE t-shirt! As for color packets, everyone will receive one color packet. Additional will be for sale:

6 Color Packets = $5

13 Color Packets = $13

Oh, and guess what? Her Campus Winona readers get 15% when you register online for the 5K with HER15! REGISTER HERE!

For participants of 1-4 people please use this link.

For groups of 5-10 people please use this link

The goal of the event is to raise $5,000 for Winona Volunteer Services and to bring the community together for a fun and unique event that is not often brought to the community of Winona.

The Brothers want you to bring non-perishable food items that will all be donated to the Winona Area Food Shelf. Last year the group raised $4,200, and had over 325 participants from the local Winona area!

This year the crew is aiming to host 400 participants. “This event is a fun way to give back to the community as well as provide the opportunity for participants to enjoy a colored 5K. We’ve been working relentlessly to make this event the best one yet,” said Nick Cota, Color My Community Co-Organizer of Sigma Tau Gamma.

Who?

College Students and Winona Area Families.

What?

An experience that is fun, enjoyable and unique. Participants will also receive a t-shirt for participating in this fun-filled event.

When?

April 15th at 5:30 p.m.

Where?

The route will begin at the Kiwanis Shelter on Winona’s own Prairie Island and will be 5 kilometers of pure excitement.

Why?

To bring the community together to raise proceeds for the Winona Volunteer Services organization.

How?

Through much preparation from the crew at Sigma Tau Gamma!

For more information, e-mail ColorMyCommunityWinona@gmail.com

Don’t forget to REGISTER HERE with the code: HER15!

Hanna Leadstrom is a student at Winona State University studying mass communication with an emphasis in public relations and a minor in marketing. You can often find her working out, blogging, sipping on a cup of jo and day dreaming of travel. She enjoys the little things in life and is a firm believer in a "work hard, play hard" life motto.
Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.