This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

This past week I had the honor of interviewing Winona State’s very own Charlie Koontz. He lives a busy life between killing it on the basketball court and hanging lakeside at his cabin sippin’ on a cold one. Charlie has jawbones that go on for days and is looking for his very own Gabriella to add to his Troy Bolton lifestyle. Hope you all enjoy!

Her Campus Winona (HC): Why don’t you start by introducing yourself?

Charlie Koontz (CK): Well my name is Charlie Koontz and I’m a Junior here at Winona State University. I’m a Business Administration Major, I’m on the basketball team here and I am from Minneapolis as well.

HC: What did you do for work this summer?

CK: I was actually a manny (male nanny) for 3 lil guys this summer. I would take them to the park, play sports, go biking, take them to the beach and much more. I basically was babysitter of the year.

HC: Who do you look up to the most?

CK: I look up to both my mom and dad. They both have shown me that if you put your mind to something anything is possible. They have both inspired me; my father started his own business from scratch and my mom completely changed her career after 30 years of doing what she wasn’t passionate about, which showed me that it’s never too late to start over.

HC: What is your day-to-day schedule like?

CK: My day usually starts anywhere from 5:30 am to 6:00 am with individual on-court workouts. After that it’s just going to classes, conditioning at 2 and lifting at 3. Usually after I just study, do homework, and hang with friends.

HC: Who would you say is your celebrity crush?

CK: Oh for sure Blake Lively.

HC: Alright give me some sort of fun fact about you.

CK: I have a dog named Lambeau and he’s my best friend.

HC: What are some nicknames you have?

CK: Let’s see… There’s Charles, Chuck, Koontz, and Silk (S/O to Joe Kubera)

HC: Tell me a little about your family.

CK: I have one sister who is a junior in High school named Ellie. She actually committed to Marquette for volleyball so I’m very proud of her and all of her accomplishments. Like I said before I also have two very supportive parents, Jimbo and Polly. (Not exactly sure where my sister and I got the athletic genes from??)

HC: What is your ideal date?

CK: Probably a rooftop dinner at a nice restaurant and then unwinding on my boat with drinks, dessert and my doggie in attendance as well.

HC: Are you single?

CK: Yes.

HC: What is your favorite food?

CK: I’d have to go with my mama’s ribs and daddy’s cheesy potatoes.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

CK: The things I look for in a girl would probably be someone who is smart, driven and passionate about something. I’d also say someone who’s athletic, adventurous, has a good sense of humor, but most importantly, willing to have fun and not take things too seriously.

HC: Alright this is the last question I have for you! Favorite attribute?

CK: I’m going to have to go with both eyes and a great smile gets me every time :)

Hello Pals! My name is Clare O'Neill and I am from south eastern Wisconsin. I am a Marketing major with a minor in Business Management. Back in the states I study at Winona State University, but currently I am studying abroad in France! If I had to describe myself in a few buzzwords they would be: compassionate friend, natural leader, and constant learner. I adore my friends and family and of course, The Chicago Blackhawks.
This is Gabriella Ingebrand: Junior at Winona State University majoring in Advertisement. She is a master when it comes to wasting time on Pinterest and making a mess while baking in the kitchen. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Winona, President of Dream Closet Winona, Communication Specialist for AdFed, and Social Media Chair for her sorority. All in all, Gabriella is a free spirit always trying to have a good time.