Celebrating Christmas Traditions as Unique as Snowflakes

It’s that time of year again. The time where white snowflakes are falling, the nights are lit up with decorations and the smells of baking are coming from houses all over. It’s time to start breaking out those Christmas traditions that you do with your family and friends! If you’re looking for new traditions then you’re in luck! Here are some of my favorite Christmas and holiday traditions! 

• The Oval, Roseville, MN
    • Lights in the skating venue!

• The Spirit of Winter Holiday Light Show at Sovereign Estate Wine, Waconia, MN
    • Over 10 acres of estates covered in lights

• Secret Santa Gift Exchange
    • Setting up Secret Santa is a great way to get gifts for your friend group without breaking your piggy bank

• Buy an Elf on the Shelf
    • Buying a little elf that keeps an eye on the little ones is a great way to keep them entertained and on their best behavior, plus a little fun for you by changing it every night

• Advent calendars 
    • There are so many of these! With options ranging from ones with chocolate inside, ones with toys inside, to even stockings with Disney characters for the adults and children!

• Tree decorating with classic Christmas music
    • There’s nothing better than decorating a freshly picked tree while listening to the good old classics

• Homemade Christmas Decorations

1. DIY Pine Scented Soy Candles

• Supplies: Weck jars, wax chips, wax dye, candle oil, candle wicks, wooden sticks, scissors, melting pot, heatproof bowls.

2. DIY Snow Globes

• Supplies: jars with lids, distilled water, glycerin, plastic/ceramic animals, trees or figurines, tinsel glitter, epoxy, and sandpaper

3. DIY Fabric Covered Tree Ornaments

• Supplies: fabric, Mod Podge, and cardboard ornaments

4. DIY Agate Coasters

• Supplies: Sculpey III Polymer Clay, acrylic paint, gloss glaze, gold liquid, clear bumpers (optional), paintbrushes and rolling pin, costs about $35-$40 (or buy a set of coasters for $155)

5. Picture Frame Luminaries

• Supplies: 4 5x7 frames, super glue, 2 sheets of 8.5x11 Vellum, printer, photos, square mirror, tea light candles or LED Candles

So, what kind of traditions do you do with your family and friends?