This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Name:  Bryce Arend

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Hudson, WI

Major/Minor: Nursing

Relationship Status: Single

If lying in the bed of pick-up truck and having a small picnic under a starlit evening isn’t enough to spark your interest, he also sings! A singer and a classic romantic, meet this week’s campus cutie, Bryce Arend.

HC (Her Campus): Where are you most likely to be spotted in Winona?

BA (Bryce Arend):  In the IWC, Library, or SLC.

HC: What extracurricular activities are you involved in on campus?

BA: Intramural Volleyball and Flag Football.

HC: What is your biggest turn-off?

BA: When girls are obnoxious…

HC: Describe the best date you have ever been on.

BA: I brought my dad’s pick-up truck out to an open field to surprise my (then) girlfriend with a picnic.

HC: Cats or Dogs?

BA: Love cats

HC: Celebrity Crush?

BA: Katy Perry

HC: Blondes, Brunettes or redheads?

BA: Tie between blondes and brunettes

HC: Confession…

BA: I should really win a Grammy for my singing abilities in the shower.

HC: Who is your role model and why?

BA:  My brothers Brock and Brett. Throughout my life they’ve shown and taught me the importance of hard work, integrity, and overall kindness to others.

HC: Favorite quote and why?

BA: “Watch your thoughts, they become words, words become actions, actions become habits, and habits become character.” – Anonymous. This quote promotes overall self-awareness to be a better person.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

BA: Anesthesiology school at the University of Minnesota.

HC: What is an interesting fact about yourself?

BA: I have a stripper pole in my house, and I’m a little too good on it.

HC: Favorite Sports team?

BA: Green Bay Packers

HC: Biggest Pet peeve?

BA: People who talk too loud.

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and who would it be with?

BA:  I would travel to Europe with my Mom, she has always wanted to go.

HC: If a movie was created about your life, who would play you?

BA: Christian Bale

HC: Finals are almost over and winter break is approaching, any big plans?

BA: Work… and celebrate my birthday!

HC: What is your kryptonite?

BA: Starbursts

HC: How does it feel to be a campus cutie?

BA: I feel flattered!

Meet our Campus Correspondent Mariah Mrotek! Originally from Racine, Mariah is a Mass Communication Advertising major with a Professional Writing Minor. You can usually catch Mariah loving up the cats at the local Winona Area Humane Society or getting her last minute shopping fix at Target. She is an avid writer and believer in the power of intuition. As an advocate for the Minnesota Epilepsy Foundation, she strives for change. She really enjoys the fall season and the amazing honeycrisp apples it brings. Her ideal place to vacation at is a cabin up north by the lake. Mariah hopes to continue to see and enjoy the world’s beauty after graduation as she pursues a career in Social Media Content Management or Project Management.
Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.