This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day, so we should all try our best to eat something nutritious and filling in the morning to fuel our day. As an early (not always by choice) riser, I’m a big believer in having a good breakfast to start my day. As much as I would love to have a proper sit down breakfast each morning, I’m usually strapped for time. Once I get up and make sure I have everything ready for the day I usually only have about 10 minutes (or less) to make/eat my breakfast and enjoy a cup of coffee before I have to head to work or my first class…sound familiar? This list of healthy, quick, and nutritious breakfast options will hopefully quench your hunger in the mornings and fuel your day.

1. YOGURT OVERNIGHT OATS

INGREDIENTS:

·    1/2 cup old-fashioned or rolled oats, uncooked

·    100 gram yogurt cup, any flavor

·    3 tbsp. milk

SUGGESTED TOPPINGS:

·    Fresh fruit

·    Chia seeds

·    Chopped nuts

·    Cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a small bowl, Tupperware container or mason jar, stir together uncooked old-fashioned or rolled oats, yogurt, milk and optional chia seeds. Cover and place in your fridge for a minimum of 6 hours to let the oats soak up some of the liquid.

2. Remove from fridge and add desired fruit, nuts and spices. If the oats are too thick for your liking, feel free to add an extra tablespoon of milk.

2. WAFFLE PB&J-WICH

INGREDIENTS:

·       Whole grain toaster waffle

·       Nut butter or Peanut butter

·       Strawberries (or other fruit)

DIRECTIONS:

Prepare 1 whole-grain toaster waffle and slice in half. Spread with 2 tablespoons nut butter and layer 2-3 sliced strawberries on top.

3. PEANUT BUTTER AND BERRY ENERGY WRAP

INGREDIENTS:

·       Whole-grain wrap

·       Peanut butter

·       Cinnamon

·       Banana

·       Strawberries

·       Blueberries

DIRECTIONS:

Put peanut butter on the wrap and sprinkle cinnamon, as well as the fruit. Wrap it up like a burrito and enjoy!

4. HARD-BOILED EGGS AND AVOCADO

INGREDIENTS:

·       Eggs

·       Avocado

·       Salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Cut the avocado and eggs into bite-sized pieces. Add them into a bowl. Add salt and pepper for your preferred taste.

5.  HEARTY BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE

INGREDIENTS:

·    1/2 cup Quaker Oats

·    1 tbsp. peanut butter

·    1 banana

·    3/4 cups of almond milk

DIRECTIONS:

If you want a creamier texture, add a couple of tablespoons of greek yogurt. Just add all the ingredients in your blender and enjoy!

This is Gabriella Ingebrand: Junior at Winona State University majoring in Advertisement. She is a master when it comes to wasting time on Pinterest and making a mess while baking in the kitchen. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Winona, President of Dream Closet Winona, Communication Specialist for AdFed, and Social Media Chair for her sorority. All in all, Gabriella is a free spirit always trying to have a good time.  
Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.