Best Subscription Boxes for Every Kind of College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

For many college students, one of the hardest things is being away from family and loved ones. It can feel isolating, but fear not! Check out this list of 12 awesome subscription boxes to mention to Mom and Dad for a special little present! These are perfect to ship in the mail for a wide range of interests. And who doesn’t love getting packages at school?

• For the beauty loverIPSY ($10/month): This box is awesome because you get five close-to-full-size products in a cute carrying pouch for only $10 a month! This a great box for those in your life who like to dabble with beauty products but don’t want to shell out big bucks, or even the makeup enthusiast who cannot get away to a local Ulta, Mac or Sephora anytime soon!

• For the fashionistaStitch Fix ($20 styling fee): I have always wanted to try this because getting new clothes while away at college can be a drag. This box makes it super convenient by just filling out a clothing preference quiz online; it only costs $20 for the styling fee, plus the cost of whatever you want to buy. And what you don’t like, you can just ship right back. Stylish, but a speedy and savvy way to do it!

• For most audiencesUniBox ($22.95/box): Let’s face it, snacks are a pivotal part of a college kid’s day. When you can’t get to the caf and need a quick bite or just genuinely love a good, single-size snacking surprise, this box will satisfy most audiences.

• For sweet toothsCandy Club ($19.99/month): This box is superb for students who have a candy craving! I know that some days, there’s nothing better than splurging a little Kryzsko cash for a bag of M&Ms, but this box has so much variety!

• For caffeine craversBlue Bottle Coffee (starts at $8): College is stressful, but one thing that makes it better for me is COFFEE. While this subscription can be a bit pricey depending on how often you get the delivery, there’s nothing quite like a perfect cup (or pot) of joe.

• For health enthusiastsUrthbox ($19.99/month for mini box): You may think that ramen will never get old, but a sprinkling of health-conscious snacks could be just what you need! With full sized products like Mamma Chia squeeze pouches or Sugar Snap Pea crisps that come at $100 value for ⅕ of the price, this box will make improving a sodium or sugar-laden diet a whole lot less tedious and TASTIER!

• For the inner and outer nerdLoot Crate ($13.95/month): Loot Crate is the perfect option for your Fortnite-fueled sons or daughters. If all their free time outside of hitting those textbooks is found with a console in their hand, this subscription will provide them with the latest high-tech gear to get their ultimate game on. There are also options to pick a crate based on popular, “nerdy” movies or TV shows (examples include Star Trek, Deadpool, Halo, etc).

• For techiesCasely ($15/month): Maybe you know someone who likes to match their phone case to their ‘fit or they’re terribly clumsy and a phone case subscription is cheaper than a new phone every three months. Whatever the CASE may be (get it?), these cute ones come in a multitude of phone generation sizes and styles!

• For novelty loversOdd Sox ($10/month for 1 pair): There will be days in college when an accessory is pivotal for that finishing touch to an ensemble, but a scarf, a hat, earrings, necklace, or rings just won’t cut it; so what do you do? Get dressed from the toes up and wear some terrific novelty socks! This box will knock your socks off but then provide you with so many cute pairs to rock them right back on!

• For gym bodiesMuscle Crate ($15/month): Some students gravitate to the library for a little relaxation, and others like to work up a scholarly sweat at the gym. This would be perfect for those students who love to be up in the gym, just working on their fitness (he’s my witness).

• For bookwormsBookishly Tea and Book Club ($12/box): If students in your life enjoy reading that doesn’t come from their university bookstore and is exorbitantly-priced, this might the perfect little gift, cover to cover!

• For stationary fanaticsPlanner Girl Provisions ($20/month): This is MY ideal box, chock-full of cute letter paper, stickers and writing utensils to keep old-fashioned correspondence alive and well while away at school.

I hope this article provided some neat new takes on the typical care package for college students in your life! Happy subscribing!

Sources

Cover

My name is Hannah Hippensteel, and I like to say I'm a Chicago city-slicker, but I'm actually from the 'burbs. I'm currently a senior at Winona State with a major in mass communication-journalism and a minor in sociology. Catch me enjoying all Winona has to offer: the bluffs, the incomparable Bloedow's Bakery, and not to mention, Minnesota boys. With a goal of working at Teen Vogue, Seventeen or Glamour magazine, I'm soaking up every opportunity to keep my finger on the pulse and share my personal voice!
| 2018-20 Club President/Campus Correspondent | Hailey Seipel is a senior at Winona State University who is studying Applied & Professional Writing and Journalism. She has been passionate about writing ever since she was little, and a dream of hers is to author poetry, sci-fi and romance novels. Until then, she is interested in working as a creative/blog writer, technical editor or project coordinator after graduating. In her free time, Hailey enjoys listening to music and reading leisurely.