The Best Dollar Store Finds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Let’s face it: in college you always try to stretch your dollar. Heading to the Dollar Store is the perfect way to do just that. I personally love the Dollar Store! I can get just about everything I need for way cheaper than at Target or Walmart. Here are just a few of the things you can find at the Dollar Store.

Entertainment:

The Dollar Store has a toy section with a multitude of games and activities that are great for rainy or cold days as well as gifts for really anyone. I have used it for my friends and my little cousins. Here are a few of my favorites:

• Checkers
  • Snakes and Ladders
  • Puzzles
  • Darts
  • Basketball
  • Knock-off Nerf guns
  • Bubbles (Colored or normal)
  • Books
  • Coloring Books

Food:

A few years ago my family and I discovered that the Dollar Store in my hometown had a freezer section. Then when we came down here we found out that the Dollar Store in Winona does too! They also have almost any other kind of food. Most of the food is a knock-off brand of the real things, however, but they are still good!

• Pizza rolls
  • Arizona tea
  • Frozen pizzas
  • A variety of chips
  • Cookies
  • Crackers

Basically, if you need it, check the Dollar Store first because they most likely have it in some form.

Decorations:

The Dollar Store is the best place to buy cute decorations for any time of the year. Obviously, right now they have decorations for Christmas and Thanksgiving. They also have some cute winter decorations as well.

• Window clings
  • Hats/antlers
  • Door decorations
  • Wrapping paper (I always get my wrapping paper from the Dollar Store. They have super cute patterns and it is still good quality)
  • Boxes
  • Snow globes

House Supplies:

If you need any kind of supplies for your house, apartment, dorm or any living space, always go to the Dollar Store. They will most likely have the same type of product you would buy at Target or Walmart but for a dollar.

• Cleaning supplies
  • Cooking utensils

These are just some of the things you can find at the Dollar Store. There are also school supplies, things for your car, and beauty products. Next time you need to do some shopping try the Dollar Store.

Hey I am Maddie! I am on the board of soccer club, part of the sorority alpha sigma tau, as well as being involved in Her campus. I love photography and hanging out with friends.
Meet our Campus Correspondent Mariah Mrotek! Originally from Racine, Mariah is a Mass Communication Advertising major with a Professional Writing Minor. You can usually catch Mariah loving up the cats at the local Winona Area Humane Society or getting her last minute shopping fix at Target. She is an avid writer and believer in the power of intuition. As an advocate for the Minnesota Epilepsy Foundation, she strives for change. She really enjoys the fall season and the amazing honeycrisp apples it brings. Her ideal place to vacation at is a cabin up north by the lake. Mariah hopes to continue to see and enjoy the world’s beauty after graduation as she pursues a career in Social Media Content Management or Project Management.