timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Best College Pranks for April 1st

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

April Fools’ Day is almost here. Living in a college dorm gives all residents the perfect opportunity to prank their fellow hall-mates. I’ve taken inspiration from Pinterest (because where else?) to begin my prank preparation.

First up: The Traditionalist.

There’s nothing easier than covering your friend’s door with plastic wrap. This prank is cheap, simple, and relatively quick. Plus, you can do it after they go to bed or before they wake up…they’ll never know. The catch? Getting it on video.  

Take it a step further.

Similar to prank 1, this prank also involves the doorway. Use paper cups or Solo Cups to create this reckless pyramid of disaster. Fill some of them with water to amp up the laughs, but keep the halls relatively dry to respect our janitors.

Too much time on your hands? Say no more.

This works best if you have easy access to a friend’s dorm. Winona has free campus newspapers in the library and other buildings. Take a couple (…or more) and pick up a roll of tape to start pranking. This requires patience and time, but it’ll be worth it.

This next one is just straight savage.

Buy $1 yarn at Walmart to complete this sneaky scene. This also requires you to have access to the interior of the dorm room, plus an excessive amount of time. Best Prank Award goes to you!

A simple spoof.

This one’s gotta be the easiest, and you must try it. Make sure your prank-ee has a high sense of humor. Blue teeth before class can be upsetting…ly hysterical. We all have that one friend that will bring it up every time they “deserve” something from you.

The Anonymous Jokester.

If you have no one to prank, this setup is ideal to get in your needed dose of jokes on this day. Simply tie a rubber band around the sink sprayer in your communal kitchen. Don’t be a fool and be the first to use the sink.

Pinterest supplies more than the six pranks I’ve shared, plus jokes to play on coworkers in the office for those of you who have a stable work environment. If you’re like me and have always been the fool, now is our chance to play in the game.

Gretchen is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Health Ed and Phy Ed with minors in Adaptive PE and Adventure Ed! She enjoys all things outdoors, she's a peanut butter fanatic, and Proverbs 31:26 is her favorite Bible verse. Gretchen is an RA in the resident halls and a Small Group Leader for a campus ministry, and she enjoys all the Lord equips her to do!
Hi I'm Emily and I'm from Appleton, Wisconsin! I'm a Mass Communication- Advertising student, with a minor in Art History at WSU. I like concerts, hockey, cooking, and dancing in the car. I also enjoy guacamole, french fries, and caramel iced coffees from Dunkin' Donuts. All I really want to do is travel the world, move to a big city, and spend my weekends on a lake. IG & Twitter @esheptoski