The Best Best Friend Care Package

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

After a typical day of class, studying, and socializing, any college student can be pretty wiped out. But what’s better than going home after that long day? Going home to a care package. Love in a box is the perfect way to turn that day around, but what’s best to send? Here’s a few ideas:

Just for Fun:

Socks. Plain socks, fuzzy socks, socks with donuts all over them — they’re all prone to excitement.

Treat your best friend with their favorite candy or a gift card to their favorite store. There’s nothing a little retail therapy can’t fix.

Picture frames, twinkle lights, posters; room decorations are a great way to help them make their new home their own.

For the snacky:

Send things that are quick and easy to be eaten between classes or on the go. They can be healthy (for the most part), and some could even be considered essential.

~Microwave popcorn, granola bars, mac and cheese, trail mix, coffee, fruit snacks, pretzels

For the sick:

Getting sick on a college campus is inevitable. Since you won’t be there to take care of your best friend when that happens, “feel better” essentials are the next best thing.

~Hand sanitizer, soap, tissues, chapstick, tea, cough drops, a water bottle

For a personal touch:

Above all, a care package is meant to let someone know you’re thinking of them. The best mail to get is the personal kind! Writing a letter and sending pictures of you together can help them to feel connected and loved.

No matter what you choose to put in that package, it’s the gesture that means the most. The time you took to put it together and send to them makes them feel just how much they are loved. If you want your best friend to look like this . . .

. . . send them a care package.

Alexa Jo is a senior at Winona State studying Psychology and Communication Studies. She enjoys learning new skills, getting outside, upcycling clothes, and hanging out with the people she loves. She likes to write stories that are real, raw, and have just a touch of humor. She writes because she believes she has a lot to say, and wants to talk about the things others are scared to talk about. She uses her writing to share her experiences and uplift others. She hopes to one day work for a non profit in campaigns for social change.
I love exploring the outdoors, writing, whales, and have a major sweet tooth for cheesecake! Volleyball and hockey are my favorite sports to play and watch. When it comes to writing, I love it. I truly enjoy being able to write articles and stories about topics people would enjoy reading.