Style > Beauty

The Best Beauty and Skin Care Trends of 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Paw Paw Ointment:

This is one thing I can’t live without. I personally use it as a moisturizer for my lips but there are also many other uses for it. This amazing product is made with papaya and it can do almost anything from protecting skin against the elements and healing chapped lips to diminishing blemishes and relieving eczema.

Mario Badescu Facial Spray:

One of my best friends got me OBSESSED with this product. This gentle, non-irritating facial spray is a refreshing, hydrating mist to use anywhere, any time of the day. It’s formulated with fragrant herbal extracts and rosewater for a pleasing pick-me-up for dehydrated, tight and uncomfortable skin. One of my favorite times to use this is while traveling. Just one spritz feels so refreshing on the skin.

St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse:

This tanning mousse is one of the newest skin trends this year. It tailors to your individual skin tone and helps you reach that long-lasting tan in one application. It’s streak-free if you use the applicator mitt and doesn’t have the horrible “self-tanner smell” that most brands tend to have.

Bio Oil:

This is a skin care product that is great to smooth out uneven skin tones. It is clinically proven to work, dermatologist recommended, non-greasy and won’t clog your pores. Even if your skin is just dehydrated, this product can make a huge difference.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay:

This face mask was introduced to me this past summer and I have loved it ever since! This mask comes in powder form and you can mix it with either water or apple cider vinegar to create ”The World’s Most Powerful Facial.” Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay is bentonite clay from Death Valley, California where it is sun-dried for up to six months in temperatures that sometimes reach 134 degrees. This is a deep pore-cleansing face mask and I highly recommend it!

New Spa Lifting Anti-Age Collagen Eye Mask with Bio-Gold and Hyaluronic Acid, 5pcs:

The Bio Gold Eye Mask increases the content of collagen in the skin and provides a strong lifting effect, improves elasticity, smoothes wrinkles and intensely moisturizes, slows the aging process and improves blood circulation. I have really been into the trend of eye masks lately  so after doing some research I have heard a lot of great things about these specifically. These are not too expensive and tend to have great results. On the costlier side, I would recommend Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Hydra-Gel Eye Patches.

GLO Science GLO Brilliant™ Teeth Whitening Device:

So I know this isn’t necessarily a “skin care” product, but this is something I can’t stress enough about how amazing it is. I received this as a gift in high school and have been using it ever since. This is a little bit more on the costlier side, but it will last for a really long time. I have tried out so many different teeth whiteners such as Crest Whitestrips but I always tend to feel pain or discomfort when using those. This teeth-whitening product is so easy to use and I have never felt any bit of pain or discomfort while using it. It is clinically proven to whiten teeth by five shades in as little as five days.

Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner:

This is one product that I use every single day. My personal routine is removing all my makeup, washing my face, and then using soft cotton pads covered in toner to remove any excess dirt or oil on my skin. I eventually follow that with an eye gel and then face lotion. I specifically recommend the alcohol-free toner because I find that toners that have alcohol included tend to feel harsh on the skin and dry it out. After I apply the toner my face always feels so clean and fresh!

Hope you all learn to love these beauty products as much as I do!!

Hello Pals! My name is Clare O'Neill and I am from south eastern Wisconsin. I am a Marketing major with a minor in Business Management. Back in the states I study at Winona State University, but currently I am studying abroad in France! If I had to describe myself in a few buzzwords they would be: compassionate friend, natural leader, and constant learner. I adore my friends and family and of course, The Chicago Blackhawks.
Meet our Campus Correspondent Mariah Mrotek! Originally from Racine, Mariah is a Mass Communication Advertising major with a Professional Writing Minor. You can usually catch Mariah loving up the cats at the local Winona Area Humane Society or getting her last minute shopping fix at Target. She is an avid writer and believer in the power of intuition. As an advocate for the Minnesota Epilepsy Foundation, she strives for change. She really enjoys the fall season and the amazing honeycrisp apples it brings. Her ideal place to vacation at is a cabin up north by the lake. Mariah hopes to continue to see and enjoy the world’s beauty after graduation as she pursues a career in Social Media Content Management or Project Management.