Apple Recipes for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

The weather is getting cooler and leaves are changing. This means one thing: fall is finally here! The fall brings  seasonal foods like pumpkin, cider, and apples. For full recipes check out the source. Although each tasty treat varies on length they are all must-tries. Here are four apple recipes:

Apple Pie Cookies

INGREDIENTS:

·        1 package Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crusts)

·        5 oz. Caramel Topping

·        10 oz. Apple Pie Filling

·        1 Egg

·        1 tsp. Cinnamon

·        1/4 tsp. Nutmeg

·        1/4 cup Sugar

Roll out one of the pie crusts, spread caramel syrup over the top, as much as you like. Chop up the pie filling so the apples are small and spread evenly. Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar.

Roll out second pie crust until smooth and cut into strips with a pizza cutter. Then create your lattice top, right on top of your pie filling. Beat an egg white with a tablespoon of water. Brush on the top of the pie crust. Sprinkle with more cinnamon & sugar.

Use a cookie cutter dipped in flour to cut each circle. Place on a greased cookie sheet {or on parchment paper}, bake at 325 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden.

Apple Cheesecake Bites

INGREDIENTS:

·        1 refrigerated pie crust

·        2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened

·        1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk

·        1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

·        3 apples, diced

·        3 tbsp. unsalted butter

·        1/3 cup  brown sugar

·        1/2 tsp. cinnamon

·        1 tsp. cornstarch

·        5 oatmeal cookies, crumbled

·        Jarred caramel, for drizzling

Preheat oven to 350°.

Using the mouth of a large glass, press down onto the rolled-out pie crust, twisting to create mini crusts. Place pie dough discs in the wells of a greased muffin tin. Bake until lightly golden, 8 to 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.

Make the cheesecake filling: Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, scraping down the sides as necessary until combined. Spoon filling into pie cups, filling 2/3 of the way. Refrigerate until set, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Make the apple topping: Sauté apples in butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add cornstarch, stirring until combined. Spoon sautéed apples into each cheesecake cup, filling it to the top.

Top each with crumbled cookies and a drizzle of caramel.

Apple Crisp

INGREDIENTS:

• 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
  • 1 cup White Sugar

• 1 tbsp. All-purpose Flour

• 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon

• 1/2 cup Water

• 1 cup Quick-Cooking Oats

• 1 cup All-purpose Flour

• 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar

• 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder

• 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda

• 1/2 cup Butter, melted

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).

Place the sliced apples in a 9×13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.

Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

Apple Cookies & Cream Cheese Frosting

INGREDIENTS:

Cookies

·     1 cup Butter (Sweet Cream Salted)

·        1 cup Granulated Sugar

·        1/2 cup Brown Sugar

·        2 Eggs

·        1 tsp. Vanilla

·        3 cups All-purpose Flour

·        2 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon

·        1 tsp. Baking Powder

·        1 tsp. Baking Soda

·        1/2 tsp. Salt

·        1 cup finely diced and peeled tart apples

Peal and dice 1 cup of tart apples.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix in cinnamon, baking powder, baking sold and salt and mix well. Add 1½ cups of flour and mix until combined. Add in 1 cup of apples and mix with a spoon. Add the remaining 1½ cups of Flour and combine until the flour is completely incorporated into the cookie dough.

Bake the cookies in a 375 degree oven for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.

Cream Cheese Frosting

·        ½ cup Butter (Sweet Cream Salted)

·        8 oz. block of Cream Cheese

·        3 tsp. Vanilla

·        4 cups Powdered Sugar

·        1 tsp. Cinnamon

Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a mixer until blended. Add powered sugar a cup at a time and continue to mix until sugar is incorporated. Frost cookies

All these recipes are bound to be Instagram worthy. Happy cooking!

I love exploring the outdoors, writing, whales, and have a major sweet tooth for cheesecake! Volleyball and hockey are my favorite sports to play and watch. When it comes to writing, I love it. I truly enjoy being able to write articles and stories about topics people would enjoy reading.