Alpha S(arah) Tau: A Profile with Sarah Jordahl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

I am interviewing Sarah Jordahl, who is an active student and citizen of Winona. During this interview, I will be touching on topics such as Sarah’s major, favorite past times, things she likes to do in Winona and her life as a college student. 

Her Campus (HC): What year of school are you in and what’s your major?

Sarah Jordahl (SJ): I am a sophomore at WSU (Winona State University), and I am a social studies education major with an adventure education minor that I’m dropping. 

HC: What are some of your favorite things to do at WSU?

SJ: I like to hike the bluffs, I enjoy spending time at the library studying. I also really like spending time outside in Winona because it’s super pretty, no matter what time of the year.

HC: What are some of your favorite activities to partake in at WSU?

SJ: I am in a sorority here called Alpha Sigma Tau I’m vice president of operations for the year 2020, so not yet, but soon. I’m in Runner Up as a performer in the improv crew! We have shows once every month, so if you can see them, come check it out. And I am in Dancescape. 

HC: What do you do outside of Winona State?

SJ: I work at White Rose Bridal in Saint Charles.

HC: Why do you enjoy that job and if so, why?

SJ: I like my job a lot. It’s fun because I get to make connections with people on a more one-on-one level than with a normal retail job, and I get to be a part of what should be one of people’s happiest days of their lives.

HC: Tell me a little bit about yourself outside of school. 

SJ: I like to bake, cookies mostly. I have a really good pumpkin snickerdoodle recipe, and I’ve got a really good brownie cookie recipe that I like to make a lot. I enjoy reading, and I enjoy watching documentaries. 

HC: What is your favorite class you have now or previously? 

SJ: My favorite class that I’ve ever taken at WSU was Dr. Schmitz’s class called The Age of Jackson. 

HC: What are you most looking forward to about becoming a teacher?

SJ: I’m excited to hopefully instill a passion for history in my students because I know that my Social Studies teachers helped me do that.  And I’m hoping to teach the next generation of historians and history teachers, I am encouraging history to be made!

I thought this was a great way to end my interview with Sarah; it was such a good time getting to know her more outside of my history class. Not only did I include gifs that I find fit to the answers I’ve received, but I will also put links to the Instagram pages of all clubs and organizations mentioned in order as written:

Cover

GIFs provided by Giphy.com

Jada is currently a sophomore at Winona State majoring in secondary social studies education. She enjoys writing about things she knows are familiar and may be relatable to others. When she’s not writing, Jada enjoys being with friends and family, reading about politics and history, and petting any animal she sees!
My name is Hannah Hippensteel, and I like to say I'm a Chicago city-slicker, but I'm actually from the 'burbs. I'm currently a senior at Winona State with a major in mass communication-journalism and a minor in sociology. Catch me enjoying all Winona has to offer: the bluffs, the incomparable Bloedow's Bakery, and not to mention, Minnesota boys. With a goal of working at Teen Vogue, Seventeen or Glamour magazine, I'm soaking up every opportunity to keep my finger on the pulse and share my personal voice!