Allison Mueller ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Name: Allison Mueller

Year: Junior

Hometown: Oshkosh, WI

Major/Minor: Journalism major, Psychology minor

Relationship Status: Single

Meet this week’s cutie, Allison Mueller! She describes herself as ambitious, energetic, and outgoing. After my interviewing this editor-in-chief and traveling fanatic, I 100% agree with those three words.

Her Campus (HC): What made you choose Winona State?

Allison Mueller (AM): I loved the beautiful campus and the tight-knit community of Winona. I knew this was a university I would feel safe attending and the Mass Communication department here is great.

HC: What are three words you would use to describe yourself?

AM: Ambitious, energetic and outgoing.

HC: What extracurricular activities are you involved in on campus?

AM: This is my first year as Editor in Chief of the student newspaper on campus, the Winonan. I work in the web communications department on campus where I work with a team maintaining Winona State’s social media outlets and web content. I have also been a member of Winona State’s chapter of the Society of Collegiate Journalists (SCJ) for three years now, and this year I am the vice president.

HC: What is your dream job?

AM: My dream job would be to work for a magazine or some sort of publication that will allow me to travel and report on events or personal experiences.

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

AM: That is probably the hardest question! I want to go everywhere. Right now I really want to tour Europe and visit my friends in the Netherlands.

HC: Who is your role model and why?

AM: My role model is my mom because she is the strongest person I know and has pushed me to be the best I can be.

HC: What is something nobody knows about you?

AM: I spent my 19th birthday climbing Machu Picchu in Peru and ate apple pie at the top to celebrate.

HC: Favorite song, artist or genre of music?

AM: I like any music aside from country. My favorite artist changes often but I’ve always loved Alt J, Modest Mouse and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

HC: Favorite sports team?

AM: Packers, Brewers and Bucks, of course!

HC: Describe your idea of the perfect date.

AM: The perfect date would be going to an indie/alternative rock concert and getting burgers and ice cream afterwards.

HC: What qualities are you looking for in a guy?

AM: I think it’s really important for a guy to be goal-oriented and ambitious. Athleticism, kindness and outgoingness are also at the top of the list.

HC: How does it feel to be nominated for Campus Cutie?

AM: I feel honored and would like to thank whoever nominated me!

Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.