5 Fabulous Fall Decorating Ideas For Your Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

1. Use leaves, mason jars, and mod podge for this simple project that is SO fall! Place a plastic battery operated candle inside the finished jar and you have the perfect fall decoration.

2. Buy a fake pumpkin and a fake (or real) bouquet of your favorite flowers to go inside to create this adorable pumpkin flowerpot.

3. Get creative and paint your pumpkin! The possibilities for this are endless.

4. Swap out your regular string lights for some fancy new candy corn lights! These will create a cozy glow that will warm up your dorm room instantly.

5. Use mason jars, paint, flowers, and for an extra cute touch, tie your favorite fall ribbon around the top of the mason jar to create these fall inspired vases.

Abby is a marketing major from Burlington, Wisconsin. Typical places you can find her include the gym, coffee shops, or in bed watching netflix. She enjoys online shopping (it can be done from bed & there is nothing better than that), Pinterest, Starbucks, going on adventures, reading, and dogs. She also loves to laugh and spend time with friends and family. Her life goals include owning her own business, traveling the world, and having a family.
Meet our writer Courtney D. Jones! Courtney is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Mass Communications- Advertising. She is consistently busy juggling school, working two jobs, and on the recruitment committee for Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, so coffee is a necessity. But not just any coffee, it must be Starbucks Blonde Roast, with a dash of peppermint mocha creamer and a fourth of a packet of sugar. She has a die-hard love for all things beauty and fashion, and dreams of owning everything on her Pinterest boards one day. With her bright and bubbly personality, she loves meeting new people and sharing a good laugh. As a Chicago native, her happy place consists of drinking a cold microbrew with her favorite Giordano’s deep-dish pizza while watching her beloved Bears team.