4 Valentine’s Day Date Ideas To Swoon Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

The day filled with hearts, the color red, chocolates, and roses is upon us. While some may see it as a day filled with clichés, there is still something magical about a day devoted to love. Whether you are spending Valentine’s Day with your long-term significant other, the new person you are seeing, or your best friends, February 14th is sure to be lovely. We have crafted some V-Day dates that are sure to make your heart swoon.

1. Dinner and drinks at 4 Sisters Wine Bar and Tapas Restaurant in La Crosse, WI

Dinner and drinks seem to be a traditional date night idea for Valentine’s Day, however, 4 Sisters is a great variation on this seemingly average date. Take a seat on a comfy couch, browse their extensive wine list, and pick a few delicious tapas to share. The intimate setting and candlelit glow make for a unique and comfortable dining experience that you are sure to enjoy. Who doesn’t enjoy dinner out every once and awhile? Sharing food and looking out over the river is a great way to bond with your date.

2. Blanket fort and Netflix

If you would rather stay in with your date or your girly friends, why not channel your inner child? Pull all the blankets off your bed, pull some chairs into the middle of the room and build yourself a cozy fort. Layer the inside with pillows and soft throws, but be careful, you may start to feel like you never want to leave. A strand of twinkly lights and a thermos of coffee or cocoa add to this date. Netflix will supply endless movies for your night in the fort. Whether you are looking for something romantic like The Best Of Me or Silver Linings Playbook, or something a little funnier like 50 First Dates or Grease, there is a movie for every Valentine’s Day mood.

3. Ice Skating on Lake Winona

If the weather is nice and you feel like getting outside, ice skating around Lake Winona is the perfectly romantic date for you. Bring your own skates or rent a pair at the Lake Lodge Recreation Center. Whether you are new to skating or a seasoned pro, this date is sure to bring a lot of laughs, hand holding, and plenty of photo ops.

4. Cook Brinner Together at Home

You heard that right, brinner, breakfast for dinner, aka the best meal ever. Grab your hunny and pull out that skillet. Nothing says love quite like heart shaped pancakes, loads of bacon, and eggs. Turn on a Valentine’s Day playlist on Spotify and dance around the kitchen. Work together to prepare the meal and sit down and enjoy it together at the end. Your tummies will be happy and so will your hearts.

Hannah Ingebrand is a Winona State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Relations and a Psychology minor. Hannah is equal parts homebody and adventurer. She craves travel and her heart was left in Paris years ago. She is in love with love, handwritten letters and all. Hannah believes in making meaningful connections with people and embracing different cultures. Her obsession with Pinterest only fuels her love for polar bears, French bulldogs, and all things fashion.