This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

For that show-bingeing time of year when it’s too cold to go outside, grab some popcorn and snuggle up to these Netflix series:

1. 13th

If you love documentaries and learning about society, this one’s for you.

2. Workin’ Moms

A light-hearted comedy show, yet still very addicting.

3. Dexter

If you haven’t seen this already, it is a must watch. Allows you to watch in the perspective of a serial killer. 

4. Explained

For people with a short attention span, this docu series explains something new and interesting in 20 minutes or less.

5. Good Girls

Light-hearted comedy, but also pulls on your heart strings. 

6. Wentworth

Kinda like Orange is the New Black, but 100x better. 

7. Jane the Virgin

If you love sappy love stories with a dramatic and comedic twist, this telenovela is for you.

8. Black Mirror

Great series, also for people with a short attention span because every episode is different.

9. Shameless

Raunchy comedy, makes you invest in every character.

10. Grey’s Anatomy 

A long-term investment that you won’t regret.

11. Living Undocumented

Another great documentary if you want to know what’s going on in the world.

12. That ‘70s Show

And yet another light-hearted comedy, also with short episodes.

13. OJ Simpson Versus the People

Dramaturgy of the OJ Simpson murder and the murder of Versace, very addicting and thrilling.

14. Dear White People

Great comedy-drama that touches on social issues about race.

Cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

GIFs provided by Giphy.com 

Jenna is a junior at Winona State University majoring in Social Work with a minor in Sociology. She hopes to go on to get her Masters and become a clinical social worker working with teens. Jenna was born and raised in Eagan, MN. In her free time she enjoys anything outdoors, painting, singing, and learning about astrology. On her page you will find a range of articles from astrology, to listicles, to serious topics.
| 2018-20 Club President/Campus Correspondent | Hailey Seipel is a senior at Winona State University who is studying Applied & Professional Writing and Journalism. She has been passionate about writing ever since she was little, and a dream of hers is to author poetry, sci-fi and romance novels. Until then, she is interested in working as a creative/blog writer, technical editor or project coordinator after graduating. In her free time, Hailey enjoys listening to music and reading leisurely.