10 Girls You’ll See At Every Halloween Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Winona chapter.

Every year, there’s one holiday that everyone anticipates for different reasons.  Either you’re dreading it, you’re so-excited-you-can’t-sleep, or you forget about it until the day of. It’s Halloween.  We know there are many of you out there who have been planning for weeks, and for some of you this will be your first reminder thereof, but either way, it’s time to get pumped.  As Cady Heron says, “In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.” One of the many life lessons learned from Mean Girls (our bible). Halloween is a time for taking risks, having fun and not giving a s**t.  While some of you are planning a costume that is sure to go viral on social media because of its originality, there are plenty of you that were a cat last year, you’re going to be a cat this year, and you’ll probably be a cat again next year.  With so many options out there, we’ll show you what’s guaranteed to be at every Halloween party you attend.

Cat

This is probably the oldest one in the book.  Hands down the easiest costume to pull off: You can literally wear anything as long as you use eyeliner to draw a little nose and whiskers on your face.  This girl has probably had this pair of cat ears since she was 10, and will most likely be a cat next year too.

Angel/Devil

These girls are a guarantee.  Whether they’re wearing what’s meant to be lingerie or they’re wearing long sleeves, they’re usually showing their inner colors.  The most innocent girl at the party will probably be sprouting horns while the most notorious one will be sporting a halo, and who can blame them? This is the one holiday they can show off their ideal selves and no one can judge.

Cop

Watch out for Officer Sexy Pants (or most likely Officer No Pants). You are under arrest for being too sexy. She’ll handcuff as many people as she can, before she accidentally locks it for good and spends the rest of the night crying and looking for the keys.

Nurse

Whether she’s giving shots or taking them, this girl will take care of you for the night.  From healing booboos to broken hearts she is sure to show you a good time.

Disney Characters

Whether it’s Woody and Buzz or Ariel and Sebastian these girls are besties for the resties. Everyone knows all of the Disney Characters, and obviously loves them as much as these girls do.  They bring their own props, such as wings, arrows, or seashell bras, and will most likely lose them by the end of the night.

The girl who forgot about Halloween

This one probably threw on her roommate’s old costume (or her own from last year) and called it a day.  Sure to out-drink everyone else, this girl is always down for a good time. She’s just too busy having fun somewhere else to plan out this year’s outfit.

The clever idea but badly executed

If this girl had more time or help, she would have had the best costume out there.  It either fell apart on the way to the party, or she slapped it together last minute and said screw it.

Something alcohol related

Obviously THE most clever costume there is on a college campus.  Either a Red Solo Cup, a group of Franzia or Four Loco girls, or a couple that’s Jäg Bomb, these people are down for the count. They are sure to go all night, and probably supply their own drinks to support their oh-so-original ideas.

Princess/Queen

This girl owns the world. Not only is she a queen at this party, but she’s a queen every d**n day. BOW DOWN. Extra bonus points for historic royalty like Princess Diana or Marie Antoinette.

Some form of duct tape dress costume

These girls will flock by the hundreds. Usually in groups such as iPods, Taco Bell Hot Sauce, or Skittles, they took at least two hours (or more) to get ready.  Their dresses are one-timers, and are impossible to pee in, so chances are they’ll be on the dance floor the whole night.  They will definitely be cutting their dresses off at the end of the night, but hopefully not during the party.

Devin, who got her name from a Billy Idol music video (Cradle of Love - no joke), was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  She studies Mass Communication with an emphasis in Advertising, and this helps fuel her love for creativity and passion for writing.  She loves to read smart books with long words, partake in deviant behaviors, and make people question what they believe. While sometimes outgoing and other times introverted, she finds pleasure practicing yoga and can never turn down a dare.  With a heavy dose of sarcasm and a dash of intellect, she'll be sure to entertain.
Miranda is currently a Winona State University senior studying mass communication with an emphasis in advertising and is also pursing a graphic design degree. In addition to being Winona State’s Campus Correspondent, she is also the president of WSU’s Advertising Federation club. When she’s not busy binge watching One Tree Hill for the umpteenth time, you can find her working on her longboards, which she creates from scratch. She is a Diet Coke addict and indie music enthusiast filled with passion and imagination. She plans to get out of chilly Minnesota to find internship opportunities after graduation.