etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Valentine’s Day in Williamstown (single and cuffed)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

The arguably most feared holiday is coming up in the next few days: Valentine’s Day. For couples, it’s an unnecessary day to stress about what to get their significant other, in addition to their birthdays, Christmas, and their monthly anniversaries. For singles, it’s a time to be reminded even more about their lack of a romantic partner in their lives. Although it may not seem like it, Williamstown offers many ways for you to spend your time enjoying this Valentine’s Day (alone or with a loved one).

For the Cuffed Ones

As someone currently in a healthy relationship, I think I can speak for most taken people when I say that just spending the day lying in bed doing nothing with my SO is more than enough for me. If you want to take advantage of the day to take it a step further, take a look at the following options for you and your bae in and around Williams:

1. “A Day of Love at the Clark”

Visit the Clark on Wednesday from 1-5pm to check out some art and explore love-themed activities! It’s a great opportunity to just take a stroll using the trails around the museum as well, although the snow and cold wind might make that a bad idea. Check out the amazing collection of artwork we have and delve into your partner’s artistic mind. (If the Clark is too close to home for you, maybe drive to North Adams and visit MASS MoCA!)

2. Go bowling

If you and your partner want to get more physical, then try going to Mt. Greylock Bowl and Golf in North Adams to put your skills to the test. It’s the perfect way to escape campus and relieve the stress of classes.

3. Try out a new restaurant

If you haven’t already done so, take this day to try out a restaurant close to home on Spring Street! You have options like Spice Root, Blue Mango, Pera Bistro, and The Purple Pub. You could walk a few minutes more and try out Hops and Vines as well. If you can drive, I would even recommend Coyote Flaco, PUBLIC eat+drink, and Korean Garden.

For the Singles

Make use of this day to appreciate those in your life that love you platonically, like your best friends. Love is about more than just romance. Most people tend to forget about their day ones that are always by their side when they think about relationships. The following activities can be done with friends or alone!

1. Bake!

When I think about Valentine’s Day, I start to crave sweets. Spend some time bonding while baking some desserts, like brownies, cupcakes, or cookies! Maybe even make some hot chocolate to complement the cold weather.

2. Have a day in/spa day

Whenever my friends and I feel like we haven’t spent much time together in a while, we like to plan a spa day. This day can incorporate a variety of activities, ranging from playing Just Dance to painting our nails to trying face masks. Talking about stress, emotions, and confusing situations with guys (or girls) is a must.

3. Watch a romcom

Cuddle up and turn on a romcom from the 90’s to laugh and cry about your emotions and made up relationships. My all-time favorite is Ten Things I Hate About You. Others include Clueless, The Princess Bride, Bridget Jones’s Diary, 500 Days of Summer, and Crazy, Stupid, Love. Pop some popcorn or maybe even try your newly baked goods!

Valentine’s Day is undoubtedly one of the cringiest days of the year. So make the most of it and do cringy things and be sappy for once! Those in a relationship should take this time to remind their SO what they mean to them. All the single folks should enjoy their time being single while they can and appreciate what they already have. Living in such a hateful world, we often lose sight of the things and people that really matter. Let Valentine’s Day be a reminder for you to tell your family, friends, and your SO, if you have one, that you love them.