This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

So I broke my AirPods last week; God knows how. It’s possible I dropped them one too many times—you know, when you’re walking into a building and you’re trying to put your headphones away and somehow you drop the case and the earbuds fly out and you’re awkwardly hunched over during campus rush hour trying to collect them while much more composed people walk by you? Anyway, it has forced me to actually listen to music in coffee shops and on the radio at the gym instead of queuing up my favorite song for the 50th time and tuning out the world. With my new (reluctantly) spiced up music taste, I wanted to share music for each day: a soundtrack for your week.

Monday: “Royal Pain” by the Eels.

From the Shrek soundtrack—arguably one of the best movie soundtracks of all time—“Royal Pain” empathizes with the pain of that blaring 7:30am alarm that starts your week. The drums and gentle rock give off good vibes and lull you into sweet acceptance of the busy days ahead. Whatever you’re dealing with, you’ve got Shrek (or at least the Eels) on your side, and on Mondays, that’s enough.

Tuesday: “Trouble” by Cage the Elephant

Ease your way into Tuesday with some indie. “Trouble” functions as background music for homework but can also weirdly work for a run if you’re into Tuesday cardio. . . The chord progressions are satisfying, and the twangy sound gives off just the right tension and resolution for a chaotic Tuesday. Plus, we could all use a reminder that we’re not in it alone with Matt Shultz’s sigh of “God don’t let me lose my mind.”

Wednesday: “My Name Is” by Eminem

Hump Day is FUN: boost your energy with Eminem. The lyrics are outrageous and Eminem’s screams mimicking obsessed fans are almost impossible not to laugh at. Shouting, “[I] fall on my ass faster than a fat b***h who sat down too fast,” he is the epitome of nonchalance and attitude, and he’s a world famous rapper. If Eminem doesn’t give an eff, why should you?

Thursday: “Two Weeks” by Grizzly Bear

Take a trip to carefree country with “Two Weeks.” It’s almost Friday, but it’s very possible you have essays and exams due tomorrow. Take a step back, tune out the world for a second, and listen to Daniel Rossen’s dulcet voice reminding you to “take your time.”

Friday: “Forget Me Thots” by Yung Gravy

“THIS SHOULD BE PLAYED AT HIGH VOLUME, PREFERABLY IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA.” The vibes: immaculate. The beat: jammin’. Gravy Train: on board. Must I say more?

Saturday: “High Horse” by Kacey Musgraves

Kacey Musgraves is here with an upgraded version of Carly Simon’s “You’re so Vain,” and damn it’s good. Blast this song in your dorm; your neighbors won’t complain. They’ll probably be boppin’ along nextdoor. Whether you’re going out or staying in, you’re hot, and he’s killing the buzz, so forget everyone else and get funky.

Sunday: “Fashion Killa” by A$AP Rocky

Get on the Sunday grind with A$AP. Think of the insanely beautiful couple that is A$AP and Rihanna: motivated yet? Channel that motivation into the homework you “forgot about” on Friday and Saturday. Try not to let his mentions of Dolce & Gabbana and Alexander Wang tempt you to cure the Sunday Scaries with some retail therapy. Remember, if she’s a fashion killa, you’re an academic assassin.

Anne Gorayeb

Williams '25

Hi! I'm Anne, Class of 2025 at Williams. I love anything outdoors, I'm excessively clumsy, and you can see me sporting blindingly-bright yellow crocs around campus. Check out my articles for some niche nosh.