This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

At home, my favorite pastime is baking. It’s how I relieve stress, show love to the people I care about, and treat myself to something delicious. My all-time favorite thing to make is banana bread. It is truly a fool-proof baked good: just mash everything up in a bowl, put it in the oven, and it’s done! At school, where the kitchen situation is less than ideal, I don’t often have the ability or resources to whip up a quick baked good. So today, I am going to fill my baking needs with the next best option: sharing my banana bread recipe with y’all. In all honesty, this is the receipt my mom has used since I was a kid, but it is very likely that she found this recipe online (I just don’t know where). Nonetheless, this banana bread remains the best that I have ever tried, and I am excited to share it with y’all!

Ingredients:

• 3 ripe bananas, well mashed
  • 1 cup sugar or Splenda
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups flour (white or wheat)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 cups walnuts, chopped and lightly toasted

Instructions: 

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  2. Add the mashed bananas, sugar, eggs, and oil to a large mixing bowl and mix well
  3. Sift the dry ingredients together
  4. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
  5. Stir in the chocolate chips
  6. Pour the batter into a 5×9 nonstick loaf pan
  7. Completely cover the top of the batter with chopped walnuts
  8. Bake for 1 hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean
Celia Adams

Williams '24

Freshman at Williams College planning on majoring in Political Science and Economics.