This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

Happy Mother’s Day!  As you think about how you want to make this day special for your mom – be it a card, a morning breakfast, or a last minute dash to the department store for that perfect (and forgotten) gift – we all know that we need to make this day special for the all the special moments our moms grace us with each and every day. With that in mind, I put together a list of some of the most memorable sayings my mother has said to me.

1. On sex…

Mom: Are you having sex?

Me: Everyone’s white here, mom.

Mom: Are you using a condom?

1. On life after college…

Me: You know what? I’ve been thinking about it – I think I want to live in the Bronx when I grow up.

Mom: The Bronx is dangerous.

Me: Mom, our home is Baltimore… Baltimore’s dangerous.

1. On unconditional support…

Mom: I want you to know that no matter what decision you make I’ll support you. You know, I’m always here for you.

Me: Aww, thanks mom.

Mom: I also want you to know that if you don’t choose Cornell, you’re making the wrong decision.

Me: *blinks uncontrollably*

1. On careers…

Me: I think I want to become a doctor.

Mom: Finally, you’ve made a good choice.

As you went through this list, I hope you remembered all the memorable and funny moments you’ve had with your mom and realized, on Mother’s Day and all days, how lucky you are to have her. 

My name is Alexis Poindexter and I'm a sophomore at Williams College.