Linda Worden ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.
Name: Linda Worden

Year: 2019

Hometown: Penticton, British Columbia, Canada

Major: As a freshman I’ve got time to decide…but I love economics and WGSS. 

Groups you’re involved in on campus: Does working for the Davis Center count? My internship focuses on the gender and sexuality aspect of the Davis Center, and I really love it. I’m also involved with QSU, the Feminist Collective, and letter-writing with Converging Worlds. 

Describe yourself in three words: Outgoing, sensitive, passionate 

Best joke: What do you get if you stand between two llamas? Llamanated. 

Hidden talent: Ask me to rap some Vanilla Ice, or watch me dance at a party. Not the most useful hidden talents. 

Role model: Damn, it’s probably a four-way tie between my JAs, Wilfred and Steph, justin adkins, and Professor Honderich. And they’re just my role models on campus! My JAs are incredibly supportive and fun people. Steph is so grounded, caring, and focused, and Wilfred is hilarious, cordial, and keeps it real. Professor Honderich and justin adkins are both doing such awesome work in their lives and I hope in some number of years I can be as cool as they are. 

If you had one wish, what would it be? That’s a challenging question. If I had one wish it would be to eradicate all pain and suffering on Earth, but that’s incredibly broad and cliché. If I were to narrow it down, it would be to eradicate all the pain and suffering humans cause each other. The worst things that can happen to us are usually connected to people’s actions. If this wish can only apply to myself and my life, however, I think I’d wish for the opportunities to do meaningful work which decreases human pain and suffering. I think that’s probably the way to happiness.

Lipstick enthusiast from Dallas, Texas. Hobbies include knitting, procrastination, and not getting enough sleep. Interests include feminism, politics, and oversized sweaters. Possible majors include Russian, art history, and international relations. Williams College class of 2019.
Michella is a senior at Williams College, majoring in Political Science. When she's not reading up on political theories, you'll catch Michella singing with her a capella group on campus or helping folks out at the front desk in the science library.