Fun Activities to Do With Your Friends at Williams College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

Despite being located in a very small town, there are a number of activities available for students at Williams College. Speaking from personal experience, here are five fun things to do on the Williams campus when you and your friends are bored:

1. Rollerblading

If you don’t have rollerblades, get a pair! They are extremely convenient for getting from one side of campus to the other, as well as other places nearby like fast food restaurants.  In addition, it’s a fun form of exercise and great to do in groups!

1. Images Cinema

The movie theater on Spring Street plays new movies every week and often good ones. This is a good place to go with your friends for a night out, and to see a new movie!

1. Visit the Tennis Courts

Tennis is easy to learn and a great recreational sport. Not to mention, Williams College has a number of tennis courts that are open to anyone at any time–and they are purple!

1. Hiking

There are many places to hike in the Berkshire mountains. These hiking trails range in distance, so if you prefer a shorter hike, Mount Greylock is on campus and would be the hike for you. In contrast, there are also 10 mile hiking trails nearby that would be great exercise.

1. Playing Pool 

Pool is a very chill time killer, and is also very popular. People are always playing pool, often with music, which is very fun and social. These pool tables are easily accessible, located in one of the largest first-year dorms, Mission Park.

I highly recommend trying some of these activities once in a while to take a break from studying and make new friends!

Jaelyn Keiver

Williams '26

Hi! My name is Jaelyn Keiver. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, and play ice hockey at Williams College. I plan to study pre medicine and attend med school after college.