Oatmeal
Oatmeal
Christin Urso / Spoon
Wellness > Health

Breakfast food for the breakfast (un)enthusiasts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

You’re tired of hearing your friends rave about avocado toast. Avocados on bagels, on eggs, in smoothies—why does every breakfast food now require avocados? You’re not hungry in the morning anyway; you’re not actually awake until 11am—though your professor thinks otherwise—and it’s too much buck for too little bang.

Here are the best, easy breakfast options for those of us with no morning appetite and a bad case of zombie-before-coffee syndrome, so you eat at least something before class!

1. Instant oatmeal

Oatmeal is a classic but often overlooked breakfast option–it’s not just for your grandma! Its high fiber content and mild flavor will start your day off right. Try Quaker Oats original flavor and toss in some chia seeds, honey, and sliced banana. Throw it in the microwave for a quick zap or hydrate it overnight for some overnight oats!

1. Protein bar

These aren’t just for hikers! Grab a Builder bar or Clif bar from your local vending machine. You can eat it on the way to class so you can get in those extra zzzs. Plus, and I definitely don’t do this, if you get the minty one, it’s almost like you’ve brushed your teeth. 😉

1. Bagel

A classic: toasted or untoasted; topped with butter, hummus, peanut butter, scallion cream cheese—need I say more? It’s a great on-the-go option if you’re one of those sandwich bagel people.

1. Yogurt cup

Ah, the yogurt cup. For breakfast, I’d highly recommend one without the chunky added fruit. Something about it doesn’t quite settle in the morning. Try for original, plain, or vanilla if you wake up sleep-deprived and nauseated and those too-sweet fruits just make you want to. . .
Stock up on these if you can, because although morning might not be your favorite time of day, eating breakfast helps wake you up, boosts your metabolism, and fuels your day.

Hi guys! My name is Clarissa (or CC for short) and I am class of 2022 at Williams. I am a member of the Women's Ice Hockey team and I am a Psychology major with a Neuroscience concentration & French certificate. Hope my articles make you smile :)
Anne Gorayeb

Williams '25

Hi! I'm Anne, Class of 2025 at Williams. I love anything outdoors, I'm excessively clumsy, and you can see me sporting blindingly-bright yellow crocs around campus. Check out my articles for some niche nosh.