This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

Stuck in a food rut? Eating the same thing every single night? Looking for a new dish to serve up? Well, don’t worry because I’ve got the easiest dish for you to make right now. It’s Beef Ramen Stir Fry and it’s delicious. I also included links for some of the sauce ingredients for new cooks out there who may be unsure of what an ingredient is!

Ingredients are easy and simple! Feel free to add extra veggies or a little extra chili garlic paste to spice up the sauce!

• 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 pound top sirloin steak sliced thinly against the grain
  • 8 ounces ramen noodles cooked and drained
  • 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
  • 1 large onion thinly sliced
  • 3 carrots shredded
  • 8 ounces baby bok choy roughly chopped, white and green parts separated
  • 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms sliced
  • Sesame seeds for garnish, optional
  • sliced green onion for garnish, optional

For The Sauce:

Instructions

• Whisk together all ingredients for the sauce, and set aside.
  • In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked through. This may need to be done in two batches to avoid crowding the pan. Remove beef from pan and drain off any excess liquid, wipe or rinse pan if needed.
  • Return the pan to heat and allow any excess moisture to evaporate. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan. 
  • When hot, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring as needed, until onion is starting to soften.
  • Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and white parts of bok choy and cook for another 3-4 minutes. 
  • Add carrots and green parts of bok choy, and cook for another 2 minutes
  • When vegetables are crisp and tender, add the beef and noodles to the pan.  Pour in the sauce, stirring to mix and coat everything in the sauce.
  • Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce, has thickened.
  • Remove from heat. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion if desired and serve.

Enjoy! This is a favorite in my house. It brings in all the staples of our kitchen with a new twist to liven up our dinner time!

Modified from – https://www.foxandbriar.com/beef-ramen-noodles-recipe/

Maddie Tix

Williams '23

Hi! My name is Maddie. I am passionate about female empowerment, while also normalizing the new idea of being a 'bruh" girl! I love sports, dogs, country music, and trying new things.