photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Beautiful Makeup For A College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

Everyone wants to become a makeup pro, but the problem normally is the money. Here’s a drugstore guide around the tricky prices of makeup. Note that some of these products aren’t directly from the drugstore but just cheaper.

Brushes

• I got my brushes and my roommates from Amazon for 15.99. This is up to your research and trust. Choose brushes with good reviews of bristles staying once they are washed. Also look for brushes that pick up product easily.

Eyes

• Maybelline Expert wear Eyeshadow Palette Nudes~11.99: simple everyday eyeshadow palette that can enhance your look without being too flashy.

• BH COSMETICS Carli Bybel 14 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette~14.50: This palette has great eyeshadow and even nicer highlights.

• Elf studio cream eyeliner~3.00: If you’re into cream eyeliners this one even comes with the brush

Brows/Lashes

• Simple brown eyeliner pencil~.99-2.99: Eyeliner pencils can be found at almost any drug store. It is even better if it has a spoolie at the end.

• Maybelline Great Lash – Waterproof Washable Mascara~4.99-5.99: This was the first mascara that I ever used. It was pretty good for a “my first makeup” kit.

Face

• Black Radiance Contour palette~6.99-8.99: Great and cheap contour Palette that comes with a great highlight. It even has some directions on ways to contour your face.

• Maybelline Fit ME foundation~5.99-7.99: This is my all time favorite foundation. I still use it now! This foundation also has a wide variety of pigments.

• Wet n Wild shimmer Palette ~13.99: Nice Highlight but try to look for a more goldish one. The pink ones go on a bit to silver.

• Pro-conceal concealer/color corrector~3.99: These may seem cheap but they definitely get the job done. I only wish they were in palette form because it adds up when you have to buy a concealer, orange color corrector, green color corrector, and more.

• NYX COSMETICS Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray~7.99: This is a small bottle but for its price it does a great job with setting your makeup at the end.

Lips

• NYX cosmetics butter gloss~4.99: This gloss comes in many different colors, my fave is the nude colored one.

Hi, my name is Crissy and I am from New York City! I am the campus correspondent for this year's cohort of empowered females and I am extremely excited to work with new people. I wouldn't call myself an experienced writer, but I do enjoy writing for this online platform. Hopefully, you will enjoy our pieces too!
Nica is a Senior at Williams College majoring in Biology and taking pre-medical courses. She is a member of Ritmo Latino and GQ A cappella. Her passions include public health, reading, and yoga.