7 Reasons to Love October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Williams chapter.

October is here! Cheers to all there is to look forward to! Here are some of my favorite things about October.

1. Pumpkin everything!

One of the most classic pumpkin treats is the pumpkin spice latte, however, in October, it is acceptable for almost anything to be pumpkin-flavored (including the French Toast in Paresky today for their “breakfast for dinner” themed meal).

2. Sweater weather!

There are so many options for outfits! You can accessorize with a sweater or scarf, or simply wear a sweatshirt with leggings every day.

3. The foliage!

The leaves change color and look absolutely gorgeous! Especially around here with all these mountains, it is easy to gaze at and admire this process of nature.

4. Movies!

Remember watching all the Disney Channel Halloween movies every night in October? I don’t know about you, but I still love to watch them (especially Twitches). On another note, it’s also a great month for horror movies.

5. The color orange

When else is this color used so much? Why don’t we use it more? It is happy and colorful.

6. Costumes and candy!

Of course, October wouldn’t be October without Halloween to look forward to on the 31st (if you celebrate it)! It is so fun to pick out a costume, dress as someone/something else for a night, and eat candy (even if you can no longer get it for free from every house you pass by).

7. Mountain Day?!

At Williams, October also means that our wonderful tradition of Mountain Day will take place on one of these upcoming Fridays. We can climb a mountain, appreciate the fall foliage, sing with/to the mountains, eat apple cider donuts, and enjoy a day off from classes. I can’t wait!

ZsaZsa is a First Year who lives in M3. She is a potential Comparative Literature major, member of Aristocows, and shop crew member at the '62 Center.
Nica is a Senior at Williams College majoring in Biology and taking pre-medical courses. She is a member of Ritmo Latino and GQ A cappella. Her passions include public health, reading, and yoga.