Winter 2016 Dance Showcase

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The end of the semester is nearing, and while that might mean the threat of exams is even closer, it also means that another amazing Laurier Dance Showcase is rolling around. Grab your friends, your floor, or your partner-in-crime and mark this on your calendar, because you won’t want to miss it! 

Laurier’s recreational dance program is the largest recreational program, and this year they’ve maxed out with an astonishing number of participants. With this in mind, you’re bound to know someone on stage workin’ it, so make sure to show your support! Think you don’t know anyone? Yours truly and many other members of Her Campus Laurier are certain to make an appearance, so keep your eye out. Classes performing at the showcase include Chair Dancing, Dance Hall/Soca, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Tap, Burlesque, and many more, so I’m sure you’ll find something you love. 

This year, there will be two shows on Sunday, April 3rd at 12pm and 4pm, and tickets for Laurier students are only $2 and guest tickets are $5. Tickets can be bought in advance (save yourself a seat; they will sell fast!) at the Hawk Desk in the AC, or online here. We can’t wait to see you there!

Photos courtesy of Kha Vo. Make sure to come out and watch Laurier’s dancers work it!

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem