This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Skincare is everything in a girl’s daily routine. Ever since the hype of TikTok, Korean skincare has been trending and it has been a game-changer. Some recognizable Korean brands include Laneige, Glow Recipe, Dr.Jart + and many more. Many people in the Western world have started incorporating Korean skincare in their routine and have found some promising results. There are many benefits to Korean skincare. Here are some of the reasons you need Korean skincare in your life.

At a very young age, Koreans have followed crazy skincare routines, as they believed heavily in the importance of good and healthy skin. When it comes to Korean skincare, there is a philosophy that they follow. They are all about preventing skin concerns before they start. In other words, they prefer to protect their skin rather than wait for pimples or wrinkles to come. Korean skincare is all about getting through your deepest layers and nourishing your skin to the fullest.

One of the greatest things about Korean skincare is its affordability. One thing noticed in American skincare is how expensive it is for high-quality skincare. It’s much harder for people to access good skincare in America or Canada, that’s both effective and budget-friendly. In Korea, skincare is considered to be accessible for everyone. It is high in quality and ingredients and affordable.

Speaking of the ingredients, Korean skincare incorporates many unusual, yet natural ingredients. One thing to highlight is that their products avoid hard and drying chemicals. In some products, you will find snail mucin in their ingredients list, which is actually very healthy for your skin. Snail mucin is good for moisturizing and regenerating your skin. This also adds to the fact that Korean skincare is always innovating and using modern technology to invent new products.

A great factor in Korean skincare is the flexibility of products. This basically means that Korean skincare products can cater to your needs in many ways. These products can either help with bigger skin concerns or even specific concerns to fit your needs and achieve your skin goals. It even caters to different skin types such as dry, oily, sensitive and many more.

When it comes to skincare, not every product will work for everyone. This is not to say that you need to follow the typical Korean 10-step routine, but to try out certain products from all around the world. In skincare, it’s all about what works for your skin and some of the concerns you’re trying to solve. Korean skincare is something worth exploring and can possibly fit into your skincare routine. Good luck to everyone on their skincare journey!

Sahaana Jeevendra

Wilfrid Laurier '24

My name is Sahaana Jeevendra. I'm a first year student at Wilfred Laurier University studying Business Administration. Some of my aspirations for the future are being a successful woman, be happy, and continue to live life to the fullest.