Characters from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Bones studio

Why You Should Be Excited for Attack on Titan Season 4 Part 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

As a MASSIVE fan of the manga/anime series Attack on Titan by Hajime Isayama, I was naturally very excited when I learned that the second part of the fourth and final season would be released on January 9, 2022.

While some fans are strictly ‘anime only’ and will not dive into the manga until the anime adaptation is over, I lasted one day after watching the first part of season four before giving in and devouring the rest of the manga in the span of two hours. Do I regret it? Not really, since knowing what was going to happen made me even more excited to see how it played out in the show.

However, I respect everyone’s preference, and I won’t give any spoilers whatsoever in this article.

Without further ado, here are some (spoiler-free) reasons why you should be excited for Attack on Titan Season 4 Part 2.

What happened to Levi?

We leave Levi and Zeke at the end of the first part of the season in a… troublesome predicament. From what we know, Levi was blown sky-high due to the explosion of the thunder spear. While we know Zeke managed to get away, what happened to Levi was never revealed. Even if humanity’s greatest soldier managed to survive the blast, what state is he in? Will anyone manage to find and help him?

What’s going on with Eren?

The Eren in season 4 is MASSIVELY different than the Eren we all know and… maybe love (up for debate I suppose) from seasons 1-3. Cold and eerily emotionless, his conversation at the end of the first part of the season with Mikasa and Armin is heartbreaking to watch.

Of course, none of what he says in this conversation makes sense. Everyone who’s watching knows that Mikasa protects Eren out of love, not due to her Ackerman genes. We also know that Eren could have never possibly hated her (need I remind us all of the end of season 2?)

In addition, while we know Armin would have inherited Bertholdt’s memories after becoming the colossal titan, he is not being controlled by Bertholdt. Once more, Eren’s comments make no sense.

Of course, as with anything in this show, there’s a bigger story at play.

(However, I’m sure we can all agree that watching Armin punch Eren at this moment was incredibly satisfying).

What is going to happen to Paradis?

Now that we know some of the secrets behind Paradis, what is going to happen to it? After Eren’s brutal attack on Marley, we know that Marley will most likely retaliate. Once more, civilians will be killed or injured. How will the Scouts combat this? Is Hange up to the task?

With the second half of the season only a few months away, anticipation is rising and many questions are left unanswered. I couldn’t be more excited and I’m sure I’ll have more to say after the show has completed – until then, enjoy the remaining time left to speculate before all is revealed!

Bronte Behling

Wilfrid Laurier '23

A second year Cultural Studies and Film Studies double major student at Wilfrid Laurier University, Bronte has had a passion for creative writing since middle school where she took an online summer course about J.R.R Tolkien's the Silmarillion. A cat lover, Star Wars fan and podcast enthusiast she aims to gain more writing experience through this publication in order to pursue her post-degree goal of becoming a journalist.