Style > Beauty

Why Wanting Cosmetic Surgery Doesn’t Make You a Terrible Person

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Wanting or getting plastic surgery at any age is constantly looked down upon. From Kylie and her lip fillers to Joan Rivers and her face lift, women of all ages who treat themselves to cosmetic surgeries are constantly judged by society. If you don’t have it, you should get it, and if you do get it, you’re shamed for it.

Everybody has insecurities, and if someone wants to change something about their appearance, who’s to get in the way of that? If getting a nose job, lip fillers or a breast reduction makes you feel prettier, more confident and takes away insecurities, then why not?

People are so quick to judge others for changing their physical appearance. Looking fake, plastic or scary are constant comments given by people who are insecure themselves and feel the need to put others down. If it’s not your body, you are not to judge. Kylie’s lips have absolutely nothing to do with you, so don’t worry.

Next time you’re ready to jump down someone’s throat for making themselves feel prettier and more confident, think twice, because you’re attempting to take away some self -love.

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.