Why I Love Pinterest (And You Should Too)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

When you think of social media, I’m sure you think of apps like TikTok and Instagram. However, it might take you a while to think of Pinterest.

Don’t get me wrong, I love all social media, but I feel like Pinterest just doesn’t get a lot of love (at least as much as it should). It had its hype back in the day, yet we should still be hyped about it. In fact, we should be more hyped now that we’re older and can actually find this social media app more helpful.

Being a university student, I think we can all agree one of the biggest struggles is food. Finding meals that are new and tasty instead of just changing up KD flavours is difficult, but Pinterest can help you with that! They have endless recipes for you to try: breakfast, lunch, dinner and even dessert. They can also help if you’re trying to budget just for food. Pinterest is full of helpful tips and tricks that can guide you in your day-to-day life.

Another way Pinterest can be handy is with apartments! I am pretty sure the majority of us can say we live away from home. Even if you are still at home, maybe you want to change up your room to fit you better. Pinterest is the way to do that. Looking at different pins can give you different ideas and layouts that you may want to model your room after. You can even share boards with your roommates. This way, you all can have a general idea of how you want your space to look. I know my roommate and I have so many shared boards together.

Shared boards aren’t the only helpful feature Pinterest has. They also have sideboards. For example, if you wanted to make a future house board, you can create a board for each room that will all be grouped together under that one board. Kind of confusing, but helpful for sure. You can keep pins all on a board and then move them over once you have tried them. That way, it is still under the same category but still organized. Speaking of organized, you can also reorganize your pins so that they’re in the order you want them to be in. 

Pinterest is just a helpful social media platform to have. It also is less stressful as you never really have to worry about posting or likes. It is a calm and chill platform for you to learn and vibe with some fun boards. Pinterest has everything and anything you can think of: bullet journal ideas, workouts and even some cool wallpapers for your phone. The possibilities that Pinterest supplies are endless. If you decide to try a pin or maybe think that you have something pin-worthy, make sure to share it as you never know who you can inspire.

Megan Cruz

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Megan Cruz is a 4th-year film studies student at WLU. She already has a diploma from Vancouver film school for writing for Games, Television, and film. When she isn't writing she can be found in a pillow fort watching cartoons  
Chelsea Bradley

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chelsea finished her undergrad with a double major in Biology and Psychology and a minor in Criminology. She loves dogs way too much and has an unhealthy obsession with notebooks and sushi. You can find her quoting memes and listening to throwbacks in her spare - okay basically all - her time. She joined Her Campus in the Fall of 2019 as an editor, acted as one of two senior editors for the Winter 2020 semester and worked alongside Rebecca as one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2020-2021 year!