Why FabFitFun was Worth it for Me

I did it — I finally caved and jumped on the FabFitFun bandwagon last summer. Now, after being an annual subscriber for a full year and four boxes, I’m here to tell it how it is. If you couldn’t tell by the title, I liked my boxes, and found my goodies to be worth the price of their subscriptions. I showcased many of the items on my Instagram story and got great feedback: my followers couldn’t wait until I got my next box! I liked reviewing what I received, and hopefully other consumers benefited from what I had to say.

For an annual subscription with select access, it cost me $322.80 CAD total per year for four boxes, which evens out to $80.70 CAD per box. This also includes the shipping fee to Canada. That sounds like a whopping amount of money, especially for a university student; however, I think it is worth it. Here are the items I actually use often and/or have already used up. I will total their retail prices in CAD and give a comparison at the end.

1. 1. Summer 2018 Box

Orlando Pita Play Atmos-Shield® Hair Protectant Treatment Spray $45

My hair feels soft and I hope it’s helping my hair stay healthy!

Yumi Kim Jetsetter Makeup Train Case $72

This is a cute case and I have used it for travel and overnight trips home from school.

FOREO LUNA fofo $119

This is probably my top pick! I use it every day and it is super cool when you pair it with a phone. It determines the vibration speed and timing to wash your face according to the condition of your skin.

Coola Face Sport SPF 50 White Tea Classic Sunscreen $44

This smells good and makes my mom happy because I’ll actually put it on my face.

Pier 1 Imports Marble Ring Dish $20

This is where I put my keys … if I don’t lose them in a pocket and have to dig to find them.

2. 2. Fall 2018 Box

beautyblender Makeup Sponge $26

I use a beautyblender every day to apply my foundation and/or blend my concealer.

Simply Whimsical Tea Towels $15

These were practical, and because of the neutral grey colour they fit perfectly in essentially any kitchen.

GlamGlow BubbleSheet Oxygenating Deep Cleanse Masks 2 at $12 each

These were simply fun and refreshing!

Cylo Cobra Bluetooth Wireless Earbuds $53

These are great when I don’t want to make too much noise but still want to rock out when I’m cleaning.

Grown Alchemist Polishing Facial Exfoliant: Pink Grapefruit & Glucomannan Extract $82

I tried to get every last gram out of the metal packaging. I loved the scent, and my skin felt soft and looked bright after each use!

3. 3. Winter 2018 Box

Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo $55

This left my hair feeling light and clean, but not sticky like I’ve experienced with most other dry shampoos.

AHAVA Hydration Cream Mask $44

This is a great overnight mask.

Anthropologie X Mer-Sea & Co. Sea Whip Body Cream in “Coconut Sugar” $32

This is a nice smelling cream and great for the dryness of winter.

Blaq Hydrogel Eye Mask with Hyaluronic Acid $29

I felt like a cute football player, so a good accessory for a Super Bowl party, perhaps? It would be on-brand and you’d be pampering yourself!

4. 4. Spring 2019 Box

Giadzy Copper Plated Measuring Spoons $20

I wouldn’t have necessarily bought these spoons, and would typically pick up a cheap plastic set at Walmart, etc., if I were to buy some for myself — but these upped my baking aesthetic.

The2Bandits Athens Necklace $40

I didn’t have a long silver necklace, so it was a good addition to my collection. I liked how it was fairly simple and sparkly! I love an opal-esque gem!

Quay Australia Sunglasses in “My Girl” $73

These make me feel like a diva and I think they will be all over my Insta feed this summer, so prepare yourselves!

The grand total of the value of my favourites is $793. That’s over $470 more than the cost of the annual subscription! 

These are the things I actually like, meaning that there were other items that were okay — or I’ll maybe use them a couple of times, but not regularly. The summer and fall boxes had more items I loved, but even for the winter and spring boxes I still adored had enough items that cost more than the cost of the whole box.

For me, it’s been a way to get some cool things that I actually use that I wouldn’t typically splurge on or maybe buy for myself. Getting the box in the first place is not a cheap thing to do, but in the long run I’ve been excited to get cute, useful products and to try new brands.

I plan on renewing my annual subscription and I can’t wait to see what I’ll get next!