Which Gilmore Girls character Are You Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Aries: Emily Gilmore 

Known for her opinionated and energetic personality, Emily is the poster girl for the Aries zodiac. She is confident in herself, passionate about things she cares about and notably quite short-tempered. She has a tendency of starting fights with her daughter Lorelai due to her low tolerance for disobedience and her need to have things done her way. At heart, Emily is very caring and arguably driven by love. This is seen within her relationship with Richard. The Aries zodiac loves to shower their significant other with affection, just like Emily does. 

Taurus: Luke Danes 

Luke is a great example of a Taurus as he is easy to please, calm, loyal and focused on success. He is known for being humble and dedicated to helping people he cares about. This is shown through acts of service, for example when he fixed Lorelai’s house, gave her a loan for the Inn and even came to support her at the hospital. One thing about Luke is that you can always count on him, and in my opinion, this is the best trait of a Taurus. 

Gemini: Lorelai Gilmore 

Lorelai is arguably the most talkative, youthful and charming character on the show. Every man she meets falls head over heels for her right away due to her sense of humour and exceptional conversation skills. You can tell she carries some of that Gemini energy as she is always ready for anything life throws at her and she can get through anything with a positive attitude. Additionally, her witty personality often helps her approach life with an optimistic attitude, enabling her to make friends everywhere she goes. 

Cancer: Max Medina 

Max didn’t have much screen time, but in the time he did receive it was evident that he was driven by feelings not thoughts. Cancers love to nurture, which is exactly what Max tried doing with Lorelai. He ignored all the red flags in their relationship and continued to try to make her happy and he even jumped into engagement by surprising her with 1,000 yellow daisies. Max is a true romantic at heart but also displays Cancer’s tendency to wrongfully put others before themselves. 

Leo: Jess Mariano 

Prideful, confident and one-of-a-kind! These are all characteristics that Jess has that apply to a Leo’s personality. He enjoys spontaneity, loyalty and people who can appreciate him despite his flaws, like Rory. He goes out of his way to put up a hard front but is a softy on the inside. He isn’t afraid of a fight and will stand up for the people he loves, which I think is one of his most admirable qualities! 

Virgo: Paris Geller 

Paris can be overwhelming to others most of the time, and this is due to her intellectual, collected and intimidating attitude. Personally, Paris is one of my favourite characters due to how driven and goal-oriented she is. Like any Virgo, she is extremely organized and often plans all the way to the end. Virgos can also have a sensitive side, and she often only shows this to those close to her in order to maintain her powerful image. 

Libra: Rory Gilmore 

Rory is effortlessly flawless, sophisticated and likeable. Oftentimes, the struggles she experiences are due to the shock of not being able to get everyone to like her. This was demonstrated with Dean’s sister at first and with Mitchum. Additionally, Libra’s are very fair and Rory displays this behaviour consistently throughout the series as she always tries mending fights and finding a compromise for both parties. 

Scorpio: Logan Huntzberger 

Scorpios are usually stereotyped as the dark, mysterious and exciting characters of the zodiac because there is always more to them than meets the eye. Logan is the poster boy for a Scorpio due to his magnetic allure and secretive nature, like in the life and death brigade. There is always more to learn about him, and although he is defensive and guarded at first, later on, he shows his ability to trust when he takes a risk and asks Rory to be his girlfriend. 

Sagittarius: Kirk 

Sagittarius is known for their proclivity towards adventure, need to experience new things and inability to stay in one place for a long time. They get bored easily, and constantly need something new to keep them occupied. In Gilmore Girls, Kirk is often seen doing the most bizarre things and participating in whichever events the town offers. Additionally, I believe he literally had a new job in every single episode and worked just about everywhere you could think of. His fun and light-hearted nature are what make him so likeable and exciting. 

Capricorn: Richard Gilmore 

Richard is hard-working, trustworthy and loyal. Capricorn is one of the most stable signs of the zodiac, and Richard shows these attributes in wanting to give Emily the home of her dreams, supporting his daughters and exhibiting generosity towards friends. He is extremely focused on his own goals and does not stop working until he can provide stability for those he loves and values. 

Aquarius: Lane Kim 

Lane is notably Rory’s most eccentric friend. She was raised in a household where her life was already mapped out for her, and she exhibits rebellious tendencies against her mom when going against everything she is taught. She is the most unique in her family and is not scared to like less popular ideas. On top of that, she is very smart and logical which usually goes unnoticed due to her quirky and witty personality. 

Pisces: Sookie St James 

The Pisces is usually very artistic and excels in jobs that allow them to express their creativity. Sookie is the best chef on the show. Not only is she passionate about her profession but she sees it as a form of art and always puts her all into this hobby. Pisces can also be very sensitive, and this is seen in her character as she has a warm and gentle personality that makes her very empathetic and kind to others. 

For entertainment reasons, when I wrote this article I was leading with my personal opinion. Now that all of the signs are done, I thought it would be fun to research the character’s actual zodiac signs to see just how close I ranked them. Here they are:   

• Lorelai: Aquarius 
  • Rory: Virgo 
  • Lane: Gemini 
  • Luke: Scorpio 
  • Jess: Aries 
  • Paris: Capricorn 
  • Sookie: Cancer 
  • Emily: Libra 
  • Logan: Sagittarius 
  • Richard: Taurus 
  • Kirk: Pisces 
  • Max: Leo 
Liza Zieaev

Wilfrid Laurier '24

Hi, my name is Liza and I am a third-year student at Laurier! My academic interests include anything relating from business to communications, and my personal interests include working out, reading and playing piano :)