What your Favourite Chocolate Bar Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

All of these assumptions are subjective; however, I do believe someone’s favourite chocolate bar says a lot about them. Please don’t take any of this seriously if it doesn’t apply to you, however, if it does, call me psychic.

Coffee Crisp

If your favourite chocolate bar is coffee crisp, first of all, why? Secondly, you’re probably sophisticated and always on time. I picture someone who eats coffee crisp as eating it out of pure nostalgia and you aren’t someone who drinks real coffee. Your favourite clothes to wear are probably black, and you never leave the house without a good book on you. Your major is either philosophy or history, you talk in a very serious manner and always say please and thank you.

KitKat

If your favourite chocolate bar is a KitKat, you’re superior. You are adventurous but calm and you like to think outside of the box, however you don’t act upon it. The subject you do best in at school is probably math or science even though you hate the subject. You have definitely tried to learn another language on Duolingo because you believe that you can do anything you set your mind to. You also ended up quitting your Duolingo subscription three days after attempting to learn because you got lazy and started eating KitKats.

Smarties

First of all, Smarties aren’t even a chocolate bar, so if this is your favourite, I’m quite worried for you. If you like Smarties, I’m assuming you like the texture and crunchy things. You probably have a couple of siblings that make you split the box of Smarties with them and you’re always hesitant about sharing. I predict you’re a good person however you sometimes lie for fun (like saying Smarties is your favourite chocolate bar). You do this because you find comedic relief when you know something someone else doesn’t. You’re great at keeping secrets and probably love to eavesdrop on conversations.

Twix

If your favourite chocolate bar is Twix, you like a mix of sweet and salty. This also speaks to your character. You spontaneously act before you think sometimes and rarely think about the possible consequences. However, when you do get in trouble, you feel genuinely sorry for what you’ve done. I’m assuming you have other adventurous friends, those whom you share half the Twix bar with, and often feel as if you must live up to their extraordinary lives. School isn’t necessarily your strong suit but you’re a great artist and have ambitious plans for the future.

Mr. Big/Oh Henry

If your favourite chocolate bar is either of these two, then I’m guessing you have a very niche film that you watch over and over again to provide comfort. You’re not a big fan of popcorn but you love chocolate and candy. Truthfully, you believe that there’s no bad chocolate bar, which is ironic because your favourite chocolate bar has nuts in it. Yuck. You’re not a very organized person, but you stress out when things don’t go your way. You aren’t a go-with-the-flow type of person and you probably hate surprises.

Again, this was all subjective but I hope some of you were able to relate to some of these!

Kayla Banning

Wilfrid Laurier '27

Hi everyone!! My name is Kayla and I'm a first year studying communications at Wilfrid Laurier University. I'm originally from Hamilton which is about an hour away from Waterloo. I am apart of the writing team here at Her Campus WLU and am very grateful for the opportunity to write on a big platform. Through my communications major I have discovered that I love media and I love to write. At my high school I was a Prefect which means I helped students adjust to the change from elementary school into high school. I know it can be a difficult adjustment which is why I want to help other first years feel comfortable and welcome during their adjustment from high school into university. During my high school years I worked at a grocery store where I managed customer service and helped train new employees. In my free time, I enjoy reading, listening to music, watching movies, and hanging out with my dog when I'm at home. My favourite book would have to be the Secret History by Donna Tartt (if you haven't read it yet i highly recommend), another few favourites are Normal People, The Catcher in the Rye, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and the Shatter Me series. My all time favourite artist would have to be Lana Del Rey and a very close second are the Arctic Monkeys. As for movies I have a wide range of favourites including Dead Poets Society, Gone Girl, The Breakfast Club, Black Swan, Alice in Wonderland, Clueless, and Little Women. My doggy is 8 years old and is the most precious thing in my life. I love any kind of animal but dogs are probably my favourite. A lot of my humour stems from the show New Girl and if you see me I'll probably be drinking a Dr.Pepper. Anyways, thank you for reading Her Campus and I look forward to writing to you!