What to Listen to During Hot Girl Walks this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

One thing all Canadians can agree on is the fact that winters are far too long, cold and boring. The countdown to summertime is the only thing on everybody’s mind, and with that comes hot girl summer walks. One of the best things about summertime is the beautiful weather attached to long nights and perfect sunsets. When the hot sun is setting and the temperatures cooling down, summer walks are the perfect way to end the day. The only thing that makes hot girl summer walks even better, is a pair of headphones to keep you occupied. As an avid summer walk-taker, here are a few of the best things to listen to during summer walks.

Podcasts

Don’t knock it ‘till you try it, podcasts are amazing at keeping you entertained during your walks. Podcasts come in a variety of genres, to keep anyone with any interest amused. Some of the best podcasts for keeping you interested include Emma Chamberlain’s Anything Goes podcast, where she speaks on everything and anything having to do with life advice. It gets you thinking hard and reflecting on your own life. These types of lifestyle podcasts are huge lately, with many influencers and content creators making similar podcasts. Another one in this genre is Lexi Hidalgo’s Moments podcast which is full of deep and interesting thoughts to reflect on. If you aren’t into that, another popular podcast genre is true crime, where typical episodes are about an hour long and made in a storytelling method. One of the most intriguing and entertaining ones is Crime Junkies Podcast where two co-hosts go back and forth telling true crime stories leading to the actual resolution. It’ll keep you entertained, thinking and somewhat disgusted. No matter the subject matter interest, podcasts of all genres exist and are a great way to keep you wanting to go on summer walks.

Audiobooks

If your summer goal is to read a book or two, audiobooks may be right for you. Typical audiobooks for novels are around nine hours long, which may seem insane, but can be easy to complete. Listening to audiobooks on 1.5 speed will cut down some of that time. They can also be played while doing chores around the house or waiting in line at a coffee shop. Using the app Libby, you can connect your library card and download audiobooks to your phone for a two-week period. Books of every genre can be found within this app and the easy access makes them perfect for summer walks. This is also perfect for people who find reading difficult and time consuming as listening to others speak the words ensures you don’t miss anything in the novel.

Summer Music

The best playlists are those made in the summer; music during the summer months brings the best vibes. Spend a night making a playlist from songs you’ve found on pre-made playlists full of upbeat bops. Add in some songs that sound like summer has slapped you in the face and you’ll be speeding along on your hot girl summer walks in no time. Some of the artists I listen to in the summer for the best vibes are Surfaces, Forrest, John K., Kacey Musgraves, Souly Had and Lauv. On days when you don’t feel like tuning into a podcast and don’t have the attention span for an audiobook, whip out the summer playlist and get deep into your thoughts.

The best way to get some exercise in while also soaking in the summer air, is to tie up your sneakers and go on that hot girl, summer walk. No walk is complete without headphones, and hopefully now you’ve got some recommendations as to what you should be blasting in your ears, while you strut like a main character down the streets. With a good podcast, audiobook or bop, you can go hours enjoying what little summer we get to experience before the snow comes back.

Kaileigh Klein

Wilfrid Laurier '25

My name is Kaileigh & I am a communication studies student at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario. I am the Vice President of Writing for our Her Campus chapter & love everything there is about writing. My career goals range from journalism to marketing, with interests in all creative fields as I love reading, writing and content creating. I love reality TV & am a huge gym rat, as the gym is my favourite place to be. I am also quite obsessed with Taylor Swift & true crime podcasts.