Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

What Sims 4 Townie Are You Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

For as long as I can remember, I have been obsessed with the Sims 4. The Sims 4 is a simulation game where you can do anything you like. You could be a vampire and recreate your Twilight love story, possibly be a doctor and live out your dream career or maybe even find true love or play the field. The opportunities are endless with the Sims 4. If you love this game, you will know who I am talking about when I say Bella Goth, Bob Pancakes and Nancy Landgraab. These are some of the Sims 4 “townies”. A townie is an NPC (non-playable character) who is in each game you play. You can play with them or even as them once you start a game, but they will always be there in a new save. Over the many game variations, townies are constantly appearing. So, I thought it would be fun to figure out which townie matches each zodiac sign. For this article, I will only be doing the base game townies.  

Aries 

As we know, Aries is a fire sign. They are confident in their abilities and are determined to get things done. Aries can also be moody and short-tempered, making me believe that the townie that matches this zodiac sign is Nina Caliente. Nina is hot-headed and can be a little bit lazy at times, but when she wants something, she will stop at nothing to get it done.  

Taurus 

You will not find anyone who is more stubborn than a Taurus. Although they may be stubborn, Taurus’ have a heart of gold and will always be there for you as they are reliable and patient. I think the Sim that gives the most Taurus energy is Vivian Lewis. She is kind and patient with her family but is very stubborn in her ways of living and raising a family.  

Gemini 

Now, most people might disagree with me on this one, but I believe that Don Lothario gives Gemini energy. Geminis are curious and nervous individuals, which I think don not overly relate to Don, but Geminis are also affectionate and inconsistent. In my mind, there is nobody who is more affectionate and inconsistent than Don Lothario. I mean, he’s romantic but noncommittal. Make up your mind.  

Cancer r

Although they are emotional, pessimistic and manipulative, Cancers are very loyal individuals. Who is more loyal than Bob Pancakes. Every day he has to put up with Eliza, which might have made him into the pessimistic, emotional and manipulative mess that he is.  

Leo 

Don’t get me started on Leo’s. Although they are passionate and creative individuals, I believe that their arrogant, self-centered ways will always be what defines them. There is nobody more arrogant and self-centered than Nancy Landgraab. She is full of herself and believes that she is better than everyone in the Sims world. Watch out if you decide to cross her because she could do a lot of damage to your reputation.  

Virgo 

As an earth sign, Virgos are kind and hardworking. They are always trying to be the best person they can be, but sometimes they are a bit shy. In my opinion, there is nobody who fits this zodiac sign better than Johnny Zest. If you have played the Sims for a while, you will know about Johnny’s storyline. He was thrown out of the Landgraab family because he did not want to pursue their evil empire. I could understand why he is a hardworking yet shy individual. He does not want to be hurt again.  

Libra 

Summer Holiday is the definition of a Libra. She is a social butterfly, always looking to make friends and hang out after a welcome wagon. Deep down, I think she is indecisive and could hold a grudge if you said or did something that she didn’t like. It is probably best to ignore that welcome wagon and take the free fruitcake. 

Scorpio 

Brave yet jealous, powerful yet manipulative. These words are how I would describe none other than Bella Goth. She is the role model that every rebellious teenager wants. Now, she may get a little jealous here and there, but when your marriage is not perfect, you have every right to be a little jealous. Watch out for her Mortimer. She might just destroy everything you love and cherish.  

Sagittarius 

Sagittarius is an air sign full of fire and sass. Although, a Sagittarius is a little nicer than that. They are generous and funny but tend to be very impatient and honest. Zoe Patel is the best fit for this zodiac sign. She may be a goofball, but she still has that impatient and honest way about her. I mean she has to live in a house full of boys.  

Capricorn 

Responsible but a know-it-all. The sentence I use to describe every Capricorn I have ever met. Don’t let them get on your bad side because you will never hear the end of it or probably be forgiven. I think there is nobody other than Mortimer Goth who fits this role perfectly. He has the vibe of being responsible and a good father/husband but could be a bit of a know-it-all due to reading so much. 

Aquarius 

Aquarius is an air sign. They are fun and original but very independent. Although they are aloof, you do not want to mess with them because they can be temperamental and scared of emotions. One wrong word, and you could scare them or anger them. This reminds me a lot of Travis Scott. He may live in the BFF Household with his two best friends, but he prefers to be alone and away from other sims.  

Pisces 

We have all heard how sad Pisces are, always crying, being emotional and scared. However, Pisces have a lot more going for them than just being sad all the time. They are compassionate and artistic. If you ever needed them, they would be there for you. The Sims 4 townie that best matches this energy is Cassandra Goth. She may always be crying and emotional, but she has a heart of gold and would help anyone in a heartbeat.  

Overall, I thought this challenge was fun and very eye-opening to how I feel about each townie. Maybe in the Sims 5, there will be pre-set zodiac signs so that this challenge is a little easier.  

Amanda Morrison

Wilfrid Laurier '24

4th-year Psychology and Sociology major with a minor in Criminology at Wilfrid Laurier University.