Style > Decor

What Bath and Body Works Candle Are You Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

One of my favourite things to do is to go and smell the candles at Bath and Body Works. I love smelling all the different scents and choosing the candle that suits me best. Although, when it comes to picking out a candle for a friend or family member during the holiday season, it can become challenging to remember what they like and don’t like. This is why I typically try to pick something that reminds me of their zodiac sign.

Aries

Aries are known to be strong and fierce. Usually, when you think of an Aries, you are overcome with thoughts of fire, strength and passion which is why you would want to look for candles that give off cinnamon and strong or hot scents. The three candles I recommend you purchase for someone who is an Aries are Cinnamon Sugared Pecans, Mahogany Teakwood High Intensity and Black Cherry Merlot.

Taurus

Taurus are known to be reliable but stubborn. When one thinks of a Taurus you are reminded of nature, romance and food, which is why you would want to look for candles that give off woodsy smells. The three candles I recommend you purchase for someone who is a Taurus are Fresh Balsam, Cedar and Suede and Lavender Cedarwood.

Gemini

Gemini is known to be gentle but inconsistent. When one thinks of a Gemini, you are overcome with thoughts of hugs, confusion and fun, which is why you would want to look for candles that give off warm vibes combined with fun/crazy scents. The three candles I recommend you purchase for someone who is a Gemini are Cactus Blossom, Peach Bellini and Bubble Rosé.

Cancer

Cancers are known to be loyal but moody. When one thinks of a Cancer sign, you are reminded of emotions, water and simple things, which is why you would want to look for candles that give off simple scents. The three candles I recommend you purchase for someone who is a Cancer are Eucalyptus Snowfall, Linen and Lavender and Frozen Lake.

Leo

Leos are known to be creative but arrogant. When one thinks of a Leo, you are overcome with thoughts of arts, natural leaders and confidence, which is why you would want to look for candles that give off powerful and fiery scents. The three candles I recommend you purchase for someone who is a Leo are Merry Cookie, Salted Butterscotch and Merry Maple Bourbon.

Virgo

Virgos are known to be kind but shy. When one thinks of a Virgo, you are reminded of animals, earth and cleanliness, which is why you would want to look for candles that give off clean and woodsy scents. The three candles I recommend you purchase for someone who is a Virgo are Snowy Coconut Frost, Sweater Weather and Land of Snow.

Libra

Libras are known to be cooperative but indecisive. When one thinks of a Libra, you are overcome with thoughts of gentleness, friendliness and charm, which is why you would want to look for candles that give off sweet and fresh scents. The three candles I recommend you purchase for someone who is a Libra are Sugared Lemon Zest, Strawberry Pound Cake and Eucalyptus Tea.

Scorpio

Scorpios are known to be brave but jealous. When one thinks of a Scorpio, you are reminded of power, passion and mystery, which is why you would want to look for candles that give off woodsy and intense scents. The three candles I recommend you purchase for someone who is a Scorpio are Sugared Snickerdoodle, Balsam and Firewood and Spiced Apple Toddy.

Sagittarius

Sagittarius is known to be idealistic but very impatient. When one thinks of a Sagittarius, you are overcome with thoughts of freedom, inspiration and optimism, which is why you would want to look for candles that give off sweet and floral scents. The three candles I recommend you purchase for someone who is a Sagittarius are Vanilla Bean, White Woods and Peach and Land of Sweets.

Capricorn

Capricorns are known to be responsible but unforgiving. When one thinks of a Capricorn, you are reminded of tradition, control and seriousness, which is why you would want to look for candles that give off floral and traditional scents. The three candles I recommend you purchase for someone who is a Capricorn are Lavender Vanilla, Peppermint Hot Chocolate and Eucalyptus Mint.

Aquarius

Aquarius is known to be original but aloof. When one thinks of an Aquarius, you are overcome with thoughts of independence, fun and intelligence, which is why one would want to look for candles that give off a fun and sweet scents. The three candles I recommend you purchase for someone who is an Aquarius are Twisted Peppermint, Champagne Toast and Strawberry Snowflakes.

Pisces

Pisces are known to be compassionate but fearful. When one thinks of a Pisces, you are reminded of water, love and selflessness, which is why you would want to look for candles that give off simple and fresh scents. The three candles I recommend you purchase for someone who is a Pisces are Falling Flurries, Rose Water and Ivy and Juniper and Gin.

Overall, gift-giving can be challenging if you cannot remember what someone likes. These recommendations should help you with that problem and maybe even help you choose your next candle.

Amanda Morrison

Wilfrid Laurier '24

4th-year Psychology and Sociology major with a minor in Criminology at Wilfrid Laurier University.