Waterloo Bars Described as Friends Characters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

I joined the Friends train recently, and have found myself comparing the characters to people in my life. Now, obviously you don’t all know the people in my life, so I decided to compare the characters to bars in Waterloo. Here’s a list of how I see the characters, based on the places I have been in the Waterloo/Kitchener area.

1. Monica: The Pub on King

Much like Monica, The Pub on King shed some weight, and got a little upgrade. As long as Monica is around, you know that the place will be kept together, while she serves superb food and drinks.

2. Joey: Phil’s

Joey always looks a little bit sweaty, but knows how to make you laugh, enjoy your time, and might even leave you a little bit sticky at the end of the night.

3. Chandler: Dallas Nightclub

You don’t even need to like Chandler to have a good time with him. He’s not always the best lady’s man, but he comes around once and a while for ~ladies’ night~.

4. Rachel: Brixton

Rachel would never miss the opportunity to dress up and be social with her group of friends on a Thursday night.

5. Ross: Beta

Ross can be fun and goofy, but people can only hang around him for so long before they move on to something else.

6. Phoebe: The Duke of Wellington

Phoebe loves to sing songs at the local hot spot. She has a unique, welcoming vibe, and is definitely a diamond in the rough.

If you haven’t watched Friends, I would highly recommend starting the show. If you have watched it, keep on binge-watching, collegiettes!

I'm a lover of all things pop culture. By pop culture, I mean McDonald's and rap music. Also dogs. I love dogs.