alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Watch this 85 year-old Grandmother Make a Snow Angel!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Hear that? It’s the sound of cold frozen hearts around the world melting…

An intimate moment was captured on video when Betty Ritchie fulfilled her simple birthday wish of creating a snow angel. The Facebook video, which was posted on January 30th, shows Betty’s daughter and son-in-law helping her down to the ground to lie in the snow.

Here you can watch this adorable video that’s guaranteed to help you rid of any winter blues: Sherry Proper Spangler/Facebook

The video was originally intended for family and friends, but has gone on to reach more than one million people. Betty has told NBC that she’s glad she was able to bring such joy to so many people, but wanted to make it clear she did not make the video for attention.

Sherry Spangler, the daughter who uploaded the video to her Facebook page, admits that her mom has always had a playful personality. In fact, the recent grandmother once used to partake in snow day activities with her own six children.

“She was the kind of mom who always went sled riding with us; she always went swimming with us. She wasn’t the kind of mom who just sat around,” Spangler claims, “and every time it would snow, she’d say, ‘Come on, we’ll make snow angels.’ That’s just what we always did. We still do, even us big kids.”

Betty has been unofficially dubbed “Betty Snow-Angel”, and the nickname certainly fits! She’s a great reminder that no matter your age, it’s important to stay a child at heart.

Just heavenly! 

Tegan Versolatto

Wilfrid Laurier

Tegan Versolatto recently received her Wilfrid Laurier University B.A. in Honours Communications, during which she was a member and assistant captain of the Golden Hawks competitive cheerleading team. She has gone on to host, anchor and report for a number of live events and televised programs, finding her passion in journalism. She is currently completing her Sheridan College postgraduate diploma in Journalism New Media, and internally crying anytime someone mentions the "real world". In her free time she can be found at the gym working out whilst simultaneously daydreaming about chocolate, or binge watching the latest reality television dating disaster. Be my friend (plz) on twitter/IG: @teganversolatto
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem