Valentine’s Day Style Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Valentine’s Day is one of the few holidays with extremely mixed reviews. There are the cynics who loathe the day entirely, and then the collegiettes that are secretly counting down the days. Regardless of how you feel about the holiday, one thing all collegiettes have in common is yet another excuse to get dolled up to the max. Her Campus is here to give you flirty and sweet inspiration for Valentine’s Day, no matter your plans!

Makeup

Embrace the pink, collegiettes. Try a romantic rose gold eye look complemented with flushed pink cheeks and a pale pink lip. Also, give your skin a candlelit glow with a gold-toned highlighter! Check out these drugstore Valentine’s Day tutorials for product inspiration, here and here.

Hair

Think soft and romantic. My personal favourite tip for a special event is to add a braid to beachy waves. It’s a simple way to make it look as though you spent hours on your hair, when in reality it only adds a few minutes to your routine. 

Get the look!

Outfit

Over the knee boots are the perfect Valentine’s Day choice. They’re bold, glamorous, and elongate the leg. Try pairing them with a basic dress and long pea coat matched with dainty gold accessories!

Happy Valentine’s Day, collegiettes. Enjoy your time with loved ones and indulge in all your favourite chocolates and sweets! xo

Olivia Di Pede

Wilfrid Laurier

Olivia is a fourth year English major with the Management Option at Wilfrid Laurier University and a Style Blogger for Her Campus. In her free time she can be found taking yoga classes, scavenging Sephora and creating content for her personal lifestyle blog. She is a perpetual reader, frequent dancer and lover of the sea. Follow her on instagram @oliviadipede and follow her journey at http://oliviadipede.com
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem