This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

There’s always that one person in your life that is the most difficult to shop for, so let me help you out with the best and most useful, trendy gifts for anyone in your life.

1. Jewelry

This one may seem pretty obvious, however, it’s important to find a piece that represents the person you’re shopping for as well as their personality. Some cool and unique pieces can be found at Adina’s Jewels, which is affordable, trendy and of good quality. Pandora has some gorgeous pieces as well. Try going with a silver charm bracelet and then in future gifts, you can continue to add to their charm collection. This can also be personalized so it’s cute and thoughtful. Don’t forget that jewelry doesn’t have to be a gift for your significant other or your BFF. You can always gift a watch to anyone; they are practical and stylish, and watches come in every style, colour and size. If you aren’t sure what to get someone, this is always a great idea!

2. LED Lights

Gifting some super cool LED strip lights or neon signs are perfect for university students or your friends who are redecorating their spaces. These come in affordable adhesive strips and different lengths. Amazon offers a fantastic selection of good quality and vibrant lights. Neon signs of different words and shapes can also be found on Amazon. Purchasing two packets together as a combination could complete an entire gift and add some personality to a boring space.

3. Treats or Food

A good way to give back to those that mean the most to you is to host a dinner party with your family. Agree that everyone brings a side dish, and voila! You’ve got your very own potluck. Create a photo booth in your house and invite your social bubble over for a night of fun and games. Prepare food boards, bring out the board games and enjoy each other’s company. After all, the holidays are for celebrating traditions and those around you!

4. Amazon has you covered

Most of this year’s shopping will be done online, so why not search for most things on Amazon. You’d be surprised at the number of cool things you can find on there, from essentials like packets of coffee bundles to other items perfect for stocking stuffers. Amazon is also the perfect place to find cool gadgets and tech accessories. Other awesome Amazon finds include the Amazon Fire TV Stick, the Echo Dot and the Kindle E-Reader!

5. Support Local Businesses!

Here in Waterloo and the GTA, there are tons of local businesses who are incredible at their craft. Her Campus Laurier hosted a Virtual Fall Market this past year, showcasing several businesses that are itching to make connections in the community. Especially with this pandemic, it’s beneficial to support our local entrepreneurs but also so nice to purchase something that you know doesn’t contribute to fast fashion, is handcrafted and made perfectly to suit you! Some of my favourites include cute accessories from @clothing.identity, affordable and adorable thrifted finds from @am.finds and handmade press-on nails from @nailsbynancy.t on Instagram.

Kristyn Cole

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Kristyn is an outgoing and determined student who loves to take photos, listen to music, and hang out with friends. In her free time, she enjoys watching movies, and occasionally going shopping! Kris loves chocolate-covered strawberries and huskies. She joined Wilfrid Laurier's Her Campus in the Fall 2020 Semester to pursue her passion for writing.
Chelsea Bradley

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chelsea finished her undergrad with a double major in Biology and Psychology and a minor in Criminology. She loves dogs way too much and has an unhealthy obsession with notebooks and sushi. You can find her quoting memes and listening to throwbacks in her spare - okay basically all - her time. She joined Her Campus in the Fall of 2019 as an editor, acted as one of two senior editors for the Winter 2020 semester and worked alongside Rebecca as one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2020-2021 year!