Timeless Pieces Worth the Splurge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

There are a select few pieces of our wardrobe that withstand the test of time. They are the staples that year after year pass the seasonal clothing purge and form our wardrobe foundation with their sustainability and classic appeal. The beauty of these basics is that they are timeless – they are the pieces that we feel confident to invest our money in, knowing how habitually they will be worn. These essentials remain consistent in the constantly evolving fashion world around us and have forever proven to outlast the days of bell-bottoms, crop tops, and sky high platforms. They are the pieces Taylor Swift sings about never going out of style… or was that Harry Styles? Nevertheless, Her Campus has created a list of timeless pieces that will TRULY never let you down.

1. Black Jeans

A crisp pair of black jeans is the ultimate base to any chic outfit. The key to the perfect black jean is to find a pair that fit like a glove and remain true to size among washes and wears.

2. Leather Jacket

A leather jacket is an outerwear classic and absolutely worth a splurge. They can be worn for a night out or to class and make a perfect lightweight option among every season.

3. The LBD

From the premiere of Breakfast at Tiffany’s to the present day, the little black dress has remained iconic. They can be dressed up or down and are the ultimate symbol of feminine sultriness. 

4. Leather Boots

A simple pair of leather riding boots is practical, yet sleek, and never fails to come back in style every fall

5. Trench Coat

A classic trench coat is super flattering for its waist defining properties, but also is extremely functional and simple to throw on top of any outfit.

6. White T-Shirt

A relaxed-fit plain white tee is a classic piece in the back of everyone’s closet and is a go-to item you’re guaranteed to reach for time after time.

7. Black Pumps

From anything to a night out, a class presentation, or working in an office, a medium sized black pump is neutral enough for any occasion.

There you have it collegiettes, the absolute most timeless basics worth the splurge. They create the base to any outfit and will last you through university and into your adult years. Happy shopping! Xo

Olivia Di Pede

Wilfrid Laurier

Olivia is a fourth year English major with the Management Option at Wilfrid Laurier University and a Style Blogger for Her Campus. In her free time she can be found taking yoga classes, scavenging Sephora and creating content for her personal lifestyle blog. She is a perpetual reader, frequent dancer and lover of the sea. Follow her on instagram @oliviadipede and follow her journey at http://oliviadipede.com
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem