Ticket Tips for When Taylor Swift Finally Announces Her Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

If you are anything like me, you have spent the past week listening to Midnights on repeat and falling more in love with the album every time. You have also spent the week having your whole “For You” page on TikTok transform into a Taylor Swift shrine that just makes you more and more excited for a tour she hasn’t even announced yet. I keep getting bombarded with videos talking about how crazy it will be to get tickets and what a big tour this is going on. The excitement and anticipation are in the air so I want to share a couple of tips I have for seeing Taylor live!

Sign up for the mailing list

The option to be a part of the mailing list is available on Taylor’s website and it is likely that many important announcements regarding a tour will be emailed out. To be some of the first people to hear, signing up for the mailing list is a great idea.

Have post notifications turned on

Turning on post notifications for Taylor’s social media as well as for Taylor nation is a great idea as well. Taylor has a habit of creating chaos and dropping things at random times and surprising us with news only hours before she does something big. Having your post notifications turned on can help you be ready and see quickly if any big news comes out.

Become a Verified Fan

For her past few tours, Taylor has used the verified fan system on Ticketmaster to help people get tickets. Once her tour is announced, links for verified fans and methods of signing up start to appear through her social media and on her Ticketmaster page. With some of her previous tours, she has had options available to boost your position in line and different challenges for verified fans to help them get tickets faster. Signing up for verified fan status and participating in these challenges can greatly increase your chance of getting tickets.

Follow Taylor-themed accounts or hashtags on TikTok and Twitter

This may sound dumb but honestly, some of the people online are like super spies with the amount of information they can find. The amount of conspiracy theories on TikTok about Taylor and her announcements that have turned out to be true is insane. In addition, if any announcements are made, there will be 100 videos with more information than even Taylor herself can provide within two minutes, so it’s a great place to go if there is literally anything you need to know.

Sign up for any available presale access codes

There was an opportunity before the album was released to sign up for pre-sale access codes on the UK merch store and it is likely that leading up to when tickets do go on sale, there will be more opportunities for this. Make sure you sign up for any presale code opportunities that are available.

Make sure you have a Ticketmaster account

When the tour is announced, the tickets will be sold through Ticketmaster. If you don’t already have a Ticketmaster account it is a good idea to create one now so when tickets do go on sale and you have them in your cart, it will be much faster and you won’t have to enter all of your information. It is also a good idea to attach your payment method to your account ahead of time to avoid that slowing you down when it’s time to buy.

Dance your heart out once you’re at the concert

Everyone talks about how when you are at the concert, Taylor nation is watching the fans to see who seems to truly be a fan and is having a great time. It is those fans that Taylor nation notices that may get moved to closer seats or even have an opportunity to meet Taylor. I can’t say this has happened to me or anyone I know, but it’s a big rumour and I will take advantage of any possible chance to get closer to or meet Taylor, obviously!

Stay calm, there will be more tickets than we think there will be

The whole internet has been freaking out about these tickets. Taylor is the most popular she has ever been, concert ticket prices are at an all-time high and everyone is stressed about getting tickets to this show. It is important that we try to stay calm as it will likely be easier to get tickets than the internet is making it seem. All of the signs point to this being one of her biggest tours ever so it will be likely she will spend more than one night in the major cities. Taylor also provides tons of opportunities like what I talked about above to ensure that the real fans have first access to tickets. Though it will be a huge event trying to get tickets, it is likely going to be easier than we think to get those tickets. It is also important to remember that while being in the pit is a really cool experience, it really doesn’t even matter where in the stadium you are seated as long as you are there.

I hope these tips help you to be a little more confident about being able to get tickets and I hope they also make you even more excited for this upcoming tour! Good luck everyone!

Allie Lancaster

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Allie is a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University double majoring in Psychology and English. She loves being outside and is a huge fan of hiking, boating and skiing. Some of her other passions include reading, drawing, travelling and her puppy.